Should you be informed about every service rendered?

mgonza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
‘Bout Tre Fiddy
171   0
Reaction score
Question guys.
I was at my LGS today (very reputable place) to buy a SW air weight for my wife.
She really likes the crimson trace grips so I bought those as well.

I was completing the paper work and I ask the sales clerk to see the firearm again and he told me it was in the back with the gun smith getting the grips changed. Now realize, I did not ask for this to be done. I assumed it was them just being courteous since they had not asked me if I wanted them swapped and I shop there a lot. It was closing time and I was the last customer. Employees were already leaving so I wanted to get out quickly as to not be rude. I signed the receipt with out looking at it thoroughly.

I get home and look over the receipt only to find a $15 gunsmith charge... I am upset not because it is a substantial amount of money but because it felt as though they attempted to descretly throw the charge in. I consistently support this LGS but this has left a bad taste.

Should I let this go or is this common practice? I will contact the manager tomorrow.

Seems to me they should have asked if you wanted the grips installed and told you that it would be a additional charge, so yes I would prefer they let me know a service is going to be a extra charge so I can decide whether I want that service

Question guys.
I was at my LGS today (very reputable place) to buy a SW air weight for my wife.
She really likes the crimson trace grips so I bought those as well.

I was completing the paper work and I ask the sales clerk to see the firearm again and he told me it was in the back with the gun smith getting the grips changed. Now realize, I did not ask for this to be done. I assumed it was them just being courteous since they had not asked me if I wanted them swapped and I shop there a lot. It was closing time and I was the last customer. Employees were already leaving so I wanted to get out quickly as to not be rude. I signed the receipt with out looking at it thoroughly.

I get home and look over the receipt only to find a $15 gunsmith charge... I am upset not because it is a substantial amount of money but because it felt as though they attempted to descretly throw the charge in. I consistently support this LGS but this has left a bad taste.

Should I let this go or is this common practice? I will contact the manager tomorrow.

That's what I thought...I am not a novice around firearms. But I hope that this is not common practice for their customers that are new.

I own a retail and serviced based store and we are SURE to call should additional costs arise...as much to cover ourselves and to PREVENT this kind of situation...absolutely call and ask...

I really like this place and I am trying to come up with a way this could occur as a simple mistake...cant come up with anything though. The sales clerk literally had to walk the gun over to the gunsmith and tell him to change out the grips, knowing full well about the charge and that I did not ask for it.

I would talk to the manager and politely tell him you did not request the service, and you value the relationship with the shop. If he does not make it right, then find another shop!

Back
Top Bottom