• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skyjacker Defense!!!!! Awesome Guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what I can't believe is the larger amount of flamers that haven't..won't....bother to go see them. Mistakes are made, people/company's grow and I think that's an unfair statement from someone that hasn't visited them yet have you?

As I have said before, I have no desire to visit them....nor have I "flamed" anyone. I called them out for misrepresenting their product and shilling, both of which they did and neither of which they have owned up to and apologIzed for. Besides that, I'm not their intended market anyhow. I don't have $1400 to spend on an AR.

Last edited:
As I have said before, I have no desire to visit them....nor have I "flamed" anyone. I called them out for misrepresenting their product and shilling, both of which they did and neither of which they have owned up to and apologIzed for. Besides that, I'm not their intended market anyhow. I don't have $1400 to spend on an AR.

The prices I saw quoted when I was there were not $1400, but significantly cheaper. Still more expensive than PSA, but not unreasonable considering the coating on some parts and accessories installed.

Not that I have interest in one or researched actual sale prices, but what I was quoted seemed within reason.

Well what I can't believe is the larger amount of flamers that haven't..won't....bother to go see them. Mistakes are made, people/company's grow and I think that's an unfair statement from someone that hasn't visited them yet have you?
I don't need to visit Bloombergs office or Handgun Control Inc.s offices to know that I don't agree with their methods. Why would I need to visit a gun manufacture whose only public interaction thus far is shilling to know that I don't want to do business with them? They may be the greatest guys in the world and build the best product for the best price. None of that matters to me as the lack of integrity they showed initially makes me have no interest in doing anything with them.

I have yet to see them post anything since the famous truck post.

Because fundamentally they are a not a good business? They don't get the modern methods of selling to enthusiast communities? Astroturfing is a bad practice, not knowing enough at the top to stop it, not apologizing profusely and publicly for it...is a bad business move.

Looking at their inability to interact in a modern public forum, dedicated largely to the thing they sell, I question their long term viability. I don't see the business standing the test of 5 years in a slump (and a gun slump has already begun post panic).

They seem to have a great machinist and great high tech tooling. That does not mean they have what it takes to be a viable long term business. If I'm buying something that goes boom I kind of take the long term view. "Does this company have what it takes to last?"

They may make something awesome, but the company itself doesn't sound awesome. I am the target customer for a blingy mid-$1,000 rifle and I say "no thanks." There are plenty of good manufacturers in this price point; who get that they are in business to promote and grow their brand and the trust in that brand. I just don't see that in SJ, and if I'm paying a premium price for essentially a commodity good; I need to see it.

I don't need to visit Bloombergs office or Handgun Control Inc.s offices to know that I don't agree with their methods. Why would I need to visit a gun manufacture whose only public interaction thus far is shilling to know that I don't want to do business with them? They may be the greatest guys in the world and build the best product for the best price. None of that matters to me as the lack of integrity they showed initially makes me have no interest in doing anything with them.

That's fine. Keep shooting your cast-iron, pot metal BCM.

As this company approached us by marketing in a dishonest manner, they deserve any negative repercussions that result. As it stands the jabbing has been pretty lightweight. They may grow and change, but that happens over time. Since really no time has passed I cant give them credit for that yet.

I do appreciate that you guys have taken the chance of putting together a rifle using a few of their parts, and I can appreciate that they have offered a chance to sample one.

The problem I see is this - in a test/review the rifle cant really win. If the rifle has any failures, it's a loss. If the rifle functions, then so what? It cant just function - it has to function $1400 to $2000 worth or it's also a loss.

Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward the company, and hopefully it survives for the long haul...otherwise Biker will have to find a barstool to sit on a few days a week. ;)

As this company approached us by marketing in a dishonest manner, they deserve any negative repercussions that result. As it stands the jabbing has been pretty lightweight. They may grow and change, but that happens over time. Since really no time has passed I cant give them credit for that yet.

I do appreciate that you guys have taken the chance of putting together a rifle using a few of their parts, and I can appreciate that they have offered a chance to sample one.

The problem I see is this - in a test/review the rifle cant really win. If the rifle has any failures, it's a loss. If the rifle functions, then so what? It cant just function - it has to function $1400 to $2000 worth or it's also a loss.

Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward the company, and hopefully it survives for the long haul...otherwise Biker will have to find a barstool to sit on a few days a week. ;)

What about biker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom