• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Small handgun advice

Well since this thread is several months old now I assume the OP has probably picked something up.
If not here's my $.02
you might want to look at a Glock 42 . I know it's a .380 but it's really darn accurate and controllable, super easy to shoot, fits the hand, nicely for what it is, slim and about the same size as a billfold. I haven't personally tried the 43 but it may be worthy of a look too.
A great little pocket or concealment where ever you choose piece for sure.

Kahr was micro compact 9mm before there was micro compact 9mm.

DSCN0618.JPG

The CM9 is the budget version of the PM9 series. No front sight dovetail, no match grade polygonal rifling barrel, MIM slide release lever and a plastic front sight makes the gun a really great buy. Cherokee pawn sells this gun for typically under $350, online sales are around $329. http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/kahr cm9

Very, very accurate these tiny little single stacks. Smooth DAO revolverish trigger with a crisp sear release aid that accuracy. Any small robust compact pistol will have a hefty recoil spring so racking the slide may be an issue-do more with less quandary. Stainless and polymer are very well suited to sweating and deep IWB carry.

Far as I'm concerned if I'm involved in a self defense situation and I have to SHOOT, I'm in deep doo-doo. LOL. If my spine could handle it I'd be loaded out with an AK47 and a couple of thousand round in mags...just in case, 'know. Would be a tad hard to carry concealed though

Obviously you are not serious about defense. Guns are not supposed to be comfortable they are meant to be comforting. I mean when it hits the fan you will wish you will regret only having 100 rounds. Of course if you fall in a swimming pool a pocket pistol and a spare mag is easier to swim with than a rifle and a thousand rounds.

That said Ive had CM9, P32, PF9 x2, Shield x2, Glock 26 X?, LCR, 642 x?, 60, etc. I really like my shield. I find it accurate, comfortable, reliable and very shootable.

Last edited:
Lol I usually carry my Ruger SR40C with 9+1 and two 15 round mags in a pocket holster in my offhand back pocket. No way I could feel comfortable with a six shooter.

Back
Top Bottom