• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Small kid rifle recommendations for a 13 year old

Just my opinion .......I bought a 15-22 years ago . Aside from the cool factor it starts them on the at-15 platform. Ammo is cheap and recoil, noise is minimal. If weapons training is a focus other than just the shooting then it’s great gun. The moss burg seems to breakdown differently than an ar if I remember right. My youngest was 6 when I started heron it. All my kids loved it and made games up bouncing can then spinners then clay pigeons. I’ve put thousands and thousands of rounds through it. Only problem I had was themags wore out. Typically girls are different so the 25 rd mags will probably last just as long as anything else. I think they run $299 with a red dot and case at most local gun shops.

What does the young lady want?
The closest weapon to her wants that you are comfortable with will produce the best long term ressults. my ha-penny
This! The Ruger American with the changeable stock modules might be a good choice as she grows you can increase the LOP just by changing the modules. Bolt action that uses the tried and true 10/22 magazines.

It's time to show my oldest the ropes, I believe she's finally responsible enough to handle a firearm well. She's been around them all her life so I'm actually wary of starting with something like a cricket because I want her to enjoy plinking with me. The biggest thing the kid has shot is a bb gun. She's 13 and has a small frame, a bit late to the party but I wouldn't let her shoot until she demonstrated taking responsibility for her own actions, which she finally does.

Recommendations? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No child should start with a semi of any description!. A .22 Cal or .17 absolutely...bolt action ..yes...pump..yes....223 at her age..yes..but highly recommend at bolt action.

Plenty of good recommendations so I won't add anything to that, but if I may, let me discourage you from the Mossberg 715... It is a pos.

Back
Top Bottom