• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Small kid rifle recommendations for a 13 year old

Ordered a CZ455 Scout on Saturday for under $300 shipped. Once the boy gets bigger put a slip on recoil pad to increase the LOP an buy him a new barrel in .17 or .22wmr. Barrels aren't too pricey and ship with a magazine for the caliber.

The first gun needs to be a bolt gun. It's difficult to get in trouble one shot at a time. IMO, a new shooter with a semi auto is asking for trouble. Second gun a 10/22, not the first.

Ordered a CZ455 Scout on Saturday for under $300 shipped. Once the boy gets bigger put a slip on recoil pad to increase the LOP an buy him a new barrel in .17 or .22wmr. Barrels aren't too pricey and ship with a magazine for the caliber.

I like how CZ-USA sells so many parts and accessories directly through their online store.

Really hard to beat a bolt action 22 to start training. The military used to start that way. And its a useful gun for life. Love, love the Ruger American, accurate, rugged, reliable, great mags.

Check out what my 8 year old wanted to shoot!!
AED4D08A-E6F4-418F-AD90-5EF8BD11CA69.jpeg

I got my son the CZ-USA 455 training rifle. It is a .22 on a grown up frame. If however she can not handle the 6.17 lb. then I vote for the CZ-USA Scout. If you are not familiar with the CZ products then you will be stunned at the quality. The price is also right. Start her out with one round at a time and make sure she becomes proficient with iron sites before mounting a scope on it.
The CZ-455 is discontinued. It has been replaced with the CZ-457
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-training-rifle/

Lots of options...but you did say a small frame. My AR-22 with a adjustable stock worked the best for my kids. My twins were very small framed. You can put irons, dot, or scope on a flat top. The AR is light and the most modifiable. I like my Tactical Solutions with a AR lower that gives you trigger options. I put a Velocity 3.5 lb trigger and a 3 MOA dot sight and she rings steel easily at 100. Saw a new AR 22 coming out...TAC R1 22...

Back
Top Bottom