• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So up to 6'2" 340 now. Ordered the Nutrisystem 7 day a week plan (Didn't work. I couldn't stick to it.)

Nutrisystem didn't work. Couldn't stick to it.

I've been out in the yard this morning shoveling and wheel barreling close to 2 tons of dirt. I realized that my knees are shot along with my back and everything else. All of it because I'm a fat ass.

Getting to where it's a struggle just to bend over to put my boots on. I gotta do something to correct this course I'm on.

What pisses me off is I only eat twice a day. A bacon egg and cheese biscuit in the morning and dinner/lunch around 3pm.

My PTSD meds cause weight gain and the fact that I quit smoking a few months ago didn't help. I went up 15 pounds just quitting smoking.

Sorry for the rant.
normally when one stops smoking their food intake goes up some. Just a fact of substituting one habit for another. Yes, eating is a habit. I eat one meal a day normally. One cup of coffee for breakfast, lunch about 3:00 and skip supper. Sometimes I eat a little ice cream at night before bed. (they make low calorie Ice Milk)......Changing your daily habits will give you amazing results. Walk, go to a gym, join a health club, see a weight loss Dr. .......

.Now here is what I do when I want to loose 15-40 pounds.....I STOP eating. I drink Fluids, Gator aid, water, even coke. I get off my butt and go outside and find some work to do and start doing it. I keep my mind busy and when I get through working I take a bath and go to bed. I take a Unisom and a Benadryl to help me get to sleep. When I get up I start my one day at a time routine over. I find that in about three or four days My hunger pains, growling stomach, craving for food goes away. After that it's easy to loose the weight. If you are working, you are burning fat not food Working keeps your muscle and gets rid of the fat. Keep your eye on the prize and not the buffet.

At first I thought I could find an easier softer way, but I could not. Be fearless and thorough from the very start....sound familiar? LOL oh well, I stopped drinking, smoking and eating using this "plan".

I'm tellin' 'ya...give keto a try. If you do it right, the weight just melts away. And you don't starve. All the bread companies now are making keto breads with zero or 1 (or very low) carbs. People have figured out that carbs are the biggest problem in the modern diet. The old food pyramid is actually upside down. Do your own research, you'll see. Good luck!

FB_IMG_1692193200855.jpg

Keto is great, but it's way harder than NutriSystems. Although some of the new breads are a Godsend.

I had my best results (300 -> 250) using the "4-hour body" plan Tim Ferris covered in his book of the same name. The book is about a lot of things, but diet is right up front.

It's like a light version of Keto, except you only really limit 'fast' carbs. Think of processed or starchy foods.

Foods with 'slow' carbs like legumes and such have no restrictions. Plus there's a mandatory 'cheat day' every week where all bets are off and you can eat (or drink) whatever you want.

It was actually pretty easy to maintain. I'd do eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast with a breakfast shake (low carb, high protein). Usually a salad for lunch, with some kind of meat in it. (chicken or Italian sausage were two favorites). Then some kind of meat-and two (or three) for dinner.

I didn't do any additional exercise and still dropped 50 lbs. Problem is once you get there it's easy just to stop doing it and order pizzas every night.

That's what happened and 5 years after I stopped I was back up to 300. It took a while because some of the low-carb habits stuck around.

The second way to lose weight is to get a dog. I try to go out and walk him twice a day around my neighborhood. Each walk is around 30 minutes and 2.5 miles.

I didn't change my diet (which was still semi-low carb w/ a lot of cheating) but just that little bit of exercise dropped me from 300 (again) to 260-ish.

I lost almost 100lbs in 2021 by doing keto. I was strict. No cheating, and non of that keto bread or any other packaged junk that said "keto" on it. That crap ain't good for you either.

But then once I was at the weight I wanted and felt better than ever like an idiot I started cheating, snacking on bull**** and gained almost 50 back.

Trying to get back right now. It was tough trying to eat right when I was in-between home purchases and remodeling and didn't really have a kitchen for several months.

Anyways, I feel you bud. You gotta discipline yourself in this world of milk and honey, we all do.

Keto is great, but it's way harder than NutriSystems. Although some of the new breads are a Godsend.

I had my best results (300 -> 250) using the "4-hour body" plan Tim Ferris covered in his book of the same name. The book is about a lot of things, but diet is right up front.

It's like a light version of Keto, except you only really limit 'fast' carbs. Think of processed or starchy foods.

Foods with 'slow' carbs like legumes and such have no restrictions. Plus there's a mandatory 'cheat day' every week where all bets are off and you can eat (or drink) whatever you want.

It was actually pretty easy to maintain. I'd do eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast with a breakfast shake (low carb, high protein). Usually a salad for lunch, with some kind of meat in it. (chicken or Italian sausage were two favorites). Then some kind of meat-and two (or three) for dinner.

I didn't do any additional exercise and still dropped 50 lbs. Problem is once you get there it's easy just to stop doing it and order pizzas every night.

That's what happened and 5 years after I stopped I was back up to 300. It took a while because some of the low-carb habits stuck around.

The second way to lose weight is to get a dog. I try to go out and walk him twice a day around my neighborhood. Each walk is around 30 minutes and 2.5 miles.

I didn't change my diet (which was still semi-low carb w/ a lot of cheating) but just that little bit of exercise dropped me from 300 (again) to 260-ish.
Well, the first month was hard on keto, only in that we tracked everything in an app, but that helped us find out "what" to eat and "what not" to eat. It was a learning curve, but after 2 months we stopped using the app and were grounded in the diet. Fast forward 2 years/3 months and the weight is still off and it's more of a lifestyle/second nature instead of a diet. We have salad stuff in the fridge every week now, where before we didn't. Half our dinner plate 5 nights a week is salad, with either chicken or lean red meat. Variety is key.

We purposefully have a cheat day every week, like a good 'ol burger and fries at a bar, and once every 2 months we go out for a full on pizza pig out. Then, back to normal clean eating. It has worked for us.

And yes, having two 100 lb. dogs helps a lot. We just got back from a 6 mile hike at Kennesaw Mtn. park. And that's every weekend, that or Red Top Mtn. state park.

I lost almost 100lbs in 2021 by doing keto. I was strict. No cheating, and non of that keto bread or any other packaged junk that said "keto" on it. That crap ain't good for you either.

But then once I was at the weight I wanted and felt better than ever like an idiot I started cheating, snacking on bull**** and gained almost 50 back.

Trying to get back right now. It was tough trying to eat right when I was in-between home purchases and remodeling and didn't really have a kitchen for several months.

Anyways, I feel you bud. You gotta discipline yourself in this world of milk and honey, we all do.
Yeah, we used to order keto "internet bread". Tasted like cardboard. Now, the Kroger here has 4 - 5 different keto breads that you cannot tell aren't white wonder bread. They have really perfected low carb breads now. They have burger and dog buns also, which is a huge win for me.

Yeah, we used to order keto "internet bread". Tasted like cardboard. Now, the Kroger here has 4 - 5 different keto breads that you cannot tell aren't white wonder bread. They have really perfected low carb breads now. They have burger and dog buns also, which is a huge win for me.
I've had some that taste just like regular bread. Only problem is just because they're 0 carb doesn't mean they ain't terrible for you.

Don't get me wrong, I got a loaf of this in my cabinet right now. Still love me a turkey sammich. But this **** ain't good for you, none of it. Especially the seed oils.

Screenshot_20230819-120915.png

Back
Top Bottom