• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This year's gun bill...

You should also not be allowed to drive anywhere where alcohol might be served.

And since we are for mandatory training, all previously issued permits should be invalidated and we should all be forced to go get the mandatory training. This means you.

As far as bar carry goes, its not illegal now to consume alcohol while being in possession of a firearm. Having legal to carry a firearm in a bar, does not necessarily make it legal to discharge the firearm for no good reason.

You should be able to defend your life no matter where you are.

You should also not be allowed to drive anywhere where alcohol might be served.

And since we are for mandatory training, all previously issued permits should be invalidated and we should all be forced to go get the mandatory training. This means you.
I wouldn't say any of that is necessary but I guess if thats how you feel who am I to judge

I wouldn't say any of that is necessary but I guess if thats how you feel who am I to judge

Well, you said mandatory training is a good thing and that alcohol and guns don't mix. So you already judged. Just seeing how far you want to take this.

I would not say that what you proposed is necessary.

Well, you said mandatory training is a good thing and that alcohol and guns don't mix. So you already judged. Just seeing how far you want to take this.

I would not say that what you proposed is necessary.
I know what I said and it was a whole lot more specific then what you just quoted but I guess sometimes its easier to interject your own words rather than try and understand another point of view :(

I know what I said and it was a whole lot more specific then what you just quoted but I guess sometimes its easier to interject your own words rather than try and understand another point of view :(

I have a hard time understanding another point of view, when it aims to restrict our rights.

yes I do limiting the right to travel to one's own two feet is like limiting the right to bear arms to a pocket knife.

Actually, limiting the right to travel to one's own two feet would be more appropriately compared to limiting the right to bear arms to "your own two arms."

I understand your point of view. I just disagree with it. My examples were simply taking your point of view to the next logical conclusion. If you think training should be mandatory, then why not make everyone get the same training? Why not make permit holders go back and get the training? Why should present permit holders be exempted if it is a safety measure? Who decides what the curriculum will be?

If guns can't be around alcohol, then why should cars? Cars have a LONG track record of danger when mixed with alcohol. Since there is a chance that someone in a car might drink if they are allowed to take their car to a bar, then why not just say you can't take the car?

Back
Top Bottom