• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrades for a suppressed 10/22: $100 or less

* $35/$40 to have your action bolt reworked.
Rework includes squaring face and setting headspace to .430, rounding and smoothing the tail to allow smoother cycling, reshape firing pin and pinning down the firing pin for a consistent strike. Que's bolt and barrel works does good work.

* after market Charging handle & guide rod with 10% reduced recoil spring. Some come with -10%, standard and +10%. ebay

* DIY auto bolt release mod. See youtuber vids and do it yourself.

Looks like someone is already hooking you up with a poly buffer. Thats the first thing anyone should do to their 10/22. Reduces noise and protects the aluminum receiver from stress.

* fire control shim kit. Poly and Metal trigger groups have different bushing sizes, so order the one that matches the housing. ebay.
Some of the shim kits come with sear, trigger and hammer spring.
The shims take up the side to side movement of all the fire control components and make the trigger pull more consistent.

*DIY trigger over travel. Youtuber vids.

* DIY trigger take up. Youtube vids and 3 different ways to do it.

* DIY trigger job but really need a fitting block to do property. Square, match and polish sear, disconnector and hammer. If you ever come thru Cartersville, I have a fire control fitting block and we can do it 20/30 min.

The bolt release where you just dremel out the one piece, very helpful for times when you go from having the bolt locked back to just pulling the bolt back and releasing to charge it.

cameraGif_1483324393447.gif

A good source of info on all things rimfire is www.rimfirecentral.com. Lots of threads on low cost but effective mods for the 10/22 as well as other makes, reviews of barrels, bolts, optics, ammo, free printable targets, etc.

It's a great site, one of the best on the sight is Fireman Bob. He's an instructor with Project Appleseed and has his own site dedicated to the 10-22.

https://1022companion.wordpress.com/

Full of practical advice. I would start at the oldest post and work forward.

It's a great site, one of the best on the sight is Fireman Bob. He's an instructor with Project Appleseed and has his own site dedicated to the 10-22.

https://1022companion.wordpress.com/

Full of practical advice. I would start at the oldest post and work forward.
Yeah, I have read many of his posts. Another is Vincent. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on there!

Back
Top Bottom