• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What game animals/birds do you not care to eat?

I have never cared for rabbit or squirrel, but maybe never had it prepared just right. Same for gator and snake.

I think a big part of the "gaminess" is improper handling. Which is a pretty scary thought.

Dove is my all time favorite.

Hell, if you don't have access to a really good field, you won't get many in a season, for sure.

i've only tried a couple times in wma land but nothing, i'll give it a shot again this year, same thing with rabbits i see them all the time while driving but when i go hunting for them is like they know, lol

i've only tried a couple times in wma land but nothing, i'll give it a shot again this year, same thing with rabbits i see them all the time while driving but when i go hunting for them is like they know, lol

Yep. I drive by a place every day that is COVERED UP with dove when they are thick here. Like freakin passenger pigeons before they all became hats. Unfortunately, it is next to a densely populated area, and no way could I hunt it even if I got permission. Which is a less than zero chance anyway.

If i ate one i ate 1000 cuda's whitest freshest meat you can eat, always kept them under 24'', lived in Lafayette Louisiana for 10 years and think i ate everything that walked,fly's,swim's and crawl's. If it wasn't boiled it was cooked in roux,sauce,smoked,or in a etouffee and last deep fried. And yes we ate everything. I still think that God blessed Louisiana with the most friendly people in the world.

Yep. I drive by a place every day that is COVERED UP with dove when they are thick here. Like freakin passenger pigeons before they all became hats. Unfortunately, it is next to a densely populated area, and no way could I hunt it even if I got permission. Which is a less than zero chance anyway.
one of my employees lives in winder too and he says he sees them from he's back yard all the time, i will give it a try again from he's land and see if i have better luck this time. he tells me there is good hunting in that area.

one of my employees lives in winder too and he says he sees them from he's back yard all the time, i will give it a try again from he's land and see if i have better luck this time. he tells me there is good hunting in that area.

If you find a good field, I'll be happy to come give some pointers. :thumb: :lol:

I've shot over 150 hogs in the last 5 years; didn't eat a single one....but my friends, their dogs, and their cats and local coyotes, crows and vultures were well fed.

Bear sucks. I have never tried raccoon but hear it makes awesome BBQ. Squirrel is one of my favorites but a pain in the backside to clean and prep. Plus it takes 20 to make a good crockpot full of stew.

Back
Top Bottom