• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

whats your preference?

223 wylde. That way, you get the increased accuracy of 223 with the ability to shoot 556 - or so they say.

Or just get a 556 chamber and be done with it.

If you "gotta" have 5.56, you can always change the barrel later...if its a quality AR worth trading into that is...truth is, you're likely going to mainly purchase and train with .223.

Unless you're buying and stocking cases of 5.56, its negligible.

The way I see it is this: I won't buy a 9mm pistol that isn't rated for +P ammo, why would I do the same for a rifle?

Well, you could just switch the barrel. You can get them for about $100 at sotarms.com, surplus arms and ammo, and others.

But you'll need a vice and some special tools like a barrel wrench, punch set, etc. depending on your gear and or comfort with tinkering on your ar, could be relatively easy.

Well, you could just switch the barrel. You can get them for about $100 at sotarms.com, surplus arms and ammo, and others.

But you'll need a vice and some special tools like a barrel wrench, punch set, etc. depending on your gear and or comfort with tinkering on your ar, could be relatively easy.

ive more than likely got the tools, but my ability to do it is a touch iffy, maybe after i get used to the weapon

Back
Top Bottom