• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When someone thanks you for your service to OUR country............

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Be polite, be gracious, and be humble. But be proud, stand up straight and say thank you. Why? Because any man that has worn that uniform represents the best America has to offer and you represent all of your brothers and sisters in that same uniform in that moment.

To that person you meet who says thank you you might be the only interaction that person ever has with a troop. Make a positive impression.

The proper response to Thank you for your service is a smile and say "Thank you" right back.

AND never look down on your fellow soldiers because they don't have the same job as you. Someone has to do their job and they humbly drive on and do it while being looked down upon by some of their fellow soldiers. To me that is a FN disgrace. Honor your brothers and sisters as they honor you.

GOD speed and carry on.

Be polite, be gracious, and be humble. But be proud, stand up straight and say thank you. Why? Because any man that has worn that uniform represents the best America has to offer and you represent all of your brothers and sisters in that same uniform in that moment.

To that person you meet who says thank you you might be the only interaction that person ever has with a troop. Make a positive impression.

The proper response to Thank you for your service is a smile and say "Thank you" right back.

AND never look down on your fellow soldiers because they don't have the same job as you. Someone has to do their job and they humbly drive on and do it while being looked down upon by some of their fellow soldiers. To me that is a FN disgrace. Honor your brothers and sisters as they honor you.

GOD speed and carry on.

Well said, Bypasss. Thank you.

I always reply with "Thank you for the support". I spoke at an elementary school this morning and the first thing I mention is "we thank you for your support, because without your support, we can't focus on the mission".

Thank you. Just enjoy the meal, and know the waffle house wench didn't pay for it! Probably someone else.

Paid for several and watched and heard the wait staff take the credit. I don't care the outcome was the same. Thank you.

I was waiting at the VA in a small area with a group of 5-6 guys. Someone asked one of the guys what he did in service. I don't remember exactly what he said. He rattled off I was xyz (Green Beret, Army Ranger, Navy seal) at location, in Vietnam.

And then he said: "Everybody here served, everybody here deserves respect for their service. We couldn't do our thing, without all the support we got from all the other people doing their jobs."

Back
Top Bottom