Where do YOU Get Your Prices

Deleted member 38641

Default rank <4500 posts
US Army (Retired)
84   0
Reaction score
Now first thing is, I know that anyone can ask what they want for thier posting. I know this is probably headed to the pasture but so be it. I am curious though so I have to ask this question.

As having only been a member of the ODT and Site Supporter for a few months, I am not new to Weapons or trading but just 'New" to the ODT.
I have learned that you need a few comments and trades under your belt before you are accepted by the masses or cliques. Don't know why but, it's just how it is I guess.

I often wonder where people get their pricing from to determine how much to ask for a particular weapon. I have heard that people use Gunbroker, Armslist, other Postings, Demand, Certain Catalogs, or whatever Internet Sensatinal Weapons Dealer it is for the Monthly Deal.

** I personally Shop around at my local Stealer's, and use certain Professional Books or Catalogs to evaluate and estimate a value to put on or pay for a certain Pistol. Sometimes I am ignored and other time respected. Back to it then, what is your choice for research? Do you just use Google or Slickguns, or Whatever. Curious minds want to know.

I like to use a search of numerous sites..... I do wonder if other people do the same... recently I asked a person who was selling a pistol how he determined his price..... I PMed him.... I have a book that gives a range and I noted a few listing.... He was completely on the excellent side of the range, but you can blatantly see the pistol was pitted and grip was chipped.... I never heard back..... :(

Now first thing is, I know that anyone can ask what they want for thier posting. I know this is probably headed to the pasture but so be it. I am curious though so I have to ask this question.

As having only been a member of the ODT and Site Supporter for a few months, I am not new to Weapons or trading but just 'New" to the ODT.
I have learned that you need a few comments and trades under your belt before you are accepted by the masses or cliques. Don't know why but, it's just how it is I guess.

I often wonder where people get their pricing from to determine how much to ask for a particular weapon. I have heard that people use Gunbroker, Armslist, other Postings, Demand, Certain Catalogs, or whatever Internet Sensatinal Weapons Dealer it is for the Monthly Deal.

** I personally Shop around at my local Stealer's, and use certain Professional Books or Catalogs to evaluate and estimate a value to put on or pay for a certain Pistol. Sometimes I am ignored and other time respected. Back to it then, what is your choice for research? Do you just use Google or Slickguns, or Whatever. Curious minds want to know.

I see no cliques here.

I just glance around on here and look at what others are asking and take in account what I have in it, the market on most guns fluctuates so much it's hard to go buy a book to me. What is a 350$ gun today could easily be a 500 or 600 dollar gun a month from now, Or the opposite a 1200 rifle can quickly turn into a 700$ one. A company like CDNN having a sell on say M&Ps in like new condition for 299$ makes the typical 500$ ones on here look stupid, same for Glocks, it's hard to sell a well used glock 22 for 500 when you can get them everyday with night sights for 399.

Just all depends on the gun, the condition, and the market.

And obviously if your price is too high and you still make a deal with someone they can change their mind at the last second and shoot you a text so that's a bonus.
well, that falls under shoddy business ethics and being a flip flopping shim shammer

LOL, you are just trying to start something hoss.

It's funny, I have people on my friends list that I PM and text on a regular basis yet we still go at each other's throat on here sometimes. Hell, I bet I get phone texts from 6-7 different members here everyday while on here it would appear that we loathe one another.

Back
Top Bottom