• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who loves their floors?

We love our flooring so much we are ripping out the heinous white carpet in the LAST carpeted room in the house and replacing it with 3/4 Red Oak sanded and stained to match. They started today.

20230315_161931.jpg

We love our flooring so much we are ripping out the heinous white carpet in the LAST carpeted room in the house and replacing it with 3/4 Red Oak sanded and stained to match. They started today.

View attachment 5481166
Watch out for the cat. I put a coat of poly down once and stuck my head in to see how it was drying and the cat shot right in and started walking in the wet poly.

Watch out for the cat. I put a coat of poly down once and stuck my head in to see how it was drying and the cat shot right in and started walking in the wet poly.
Yeah, they will be banished to the basement for the duration once the finishing starts. Meeting the finisher today....the installers did an excellent job aligning the new and old wood and the grain is perfect too.....

Parlor Red Oak Untreated.jpg

Dang - this sounds like one of those episodes on HGTV. You should video your progress and create your own show. You could call it -- "The floor was just barely squeaking so i decided to fix it --What was I thinking"

Everybody here has a similar story I am sure -- good luck getting done.

No way I’d cover up real hardwood with plastic .

No matter how beat up the w real hardwood is

You don’t have to sand and stain and clear coat

Sometimes just a scuff and new clear will make them look a lot better .

I know a guy that wanted beat up floors in his house

He installed unfinished white pine flooring and told the contractors not to worry about the floor ,
So when the plumbers and electricians and Sheetrock guys got done it looked like an old factory floor ,
They did a light stain and moved in .

We installed pre finished real oak hardwood in our house .
Bought it at Home Depot , also bought the flooring nailer and a small air compressor , already had a miter saw .

It’s time consuming but not difficult .
Removing the carpet and pulling or pounding down all the staples is half the job .

Measuring and cutting and nailing down the hardwood isn’t difficult at all.

My then 12 year old son did his bedroom , all by himself .

You can easily do one room on a weekend if you have a good helper to open the boxes and lay out the wood while you nail it down

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom