• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worlds best Gunfighter handgun.

I wonder about cops in some foreign countries. Off the top of my head, maybe Brazil or Mexico. Some of those guys have to be up there.
One of the primary reasons I went from 1911 to Glock was a documentary about some South American special operations police that were in gunfights on a regular basis. Multiple times a month. All of them used Glocks. None of them would even consider using anything else.

One of the primary reasons I went from 1911 to Glock was a documentary about some South American special operations police that were in gunfights on a regular basis. Multiple times a month. All of them used Glocks. None of them would even consider using anything else.

The USPIS primarily issues the sig 229r as well as the Secret Service, Coast Guard and Air Marshals. DHS standard issue is the sig 320. The first weapon I was issued at USPIS was a ruger speed six. When I retired I turned in my 229r. There is a reason the Elite Federal Law enforcement agencies like the Secret Service issue Sigs instead of glock. And it sure isn't cost.

We can all debate firearm selections, The winner isn't usually decided by the handgun selected. But by the skill of the man in the fight

Makes me think also of professional sports shooters who are sponsored by one firearms manufacturer. They're phenomenal regardless of equipment. Whether, for example, Dave Sevigny uses Glock or FN, he's going to have outstanding performance either way.

The USPIS primarily issues the sig 229r as well as the Secret Service, Coast Guard and Air Marshals. DHS standard issue is the sig 320. The first weapon I was issued at USPIS was a ruger speed six. When I retired I turned in my 229r. There is a reason the Elite Federal Law enforcement agencies like the Secret Service issue Sigs instead of glock. And it sure isn't cost.
I'm sure the Sigs are outstanding weapons, but I doubt they are more reliable than a Glock.
My comparison was to the 1911.

I'm sure the Sigs are outstanding weapons, but I doubt they are more reliable than a Glock.
My comparison was to the 1911.
I think you are right about sig glock ruger, Smith. Cz and a few more are all on par. 1911 depends on who made it. Would a ria match a glock I suspect not. The 3 ruger 1911 and sig 1911 I have not had a single firearm induced malfunction. Had some knock off target ammo that the sig would not eat. I would put ruger and sig 1911 up against any glock. Now I have a colt maybe not so much but it does have a lot of miles on it. I have a ria cs that doesn't run 100% I have (I hate to admit) kimber ultra tac 2 that runs like a sewing machine also. So it depends on the quality of the 1911. If you had 50 company's copy the glock platform you would have a lot of negative feed back on reliability cause some company's would not hold up to the glock standards. And that is what has happened to the 1911. Do I think sig is a better firearm than glock? For me the answer is yes. For you glock may suit you better. Reliability if it were every thing we would all be packing Smith or ruger six shooters. Revolvers do fail. And as reliable as some autos are the failure rate is greatat than that of the revolver. We give up some reliability for added rounds and weight. It is alwsys a trade off. I digress.

Back
Top Bottom