• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you do it?

It’s just too easy to use ODT.

As a newcomer, I greatly appreciate the network that ODT has built up. The depth, confidence, and community make for a far safer trading experience than other available resources.

I’m thankful for the opportunities to build with folks here and don’t plan on using the other sites anymore.

Had a similar situation last year and just said I'd only deal with the member here. Felt more comfortable dealing with a member, that wouldn't want a negative if they changed their minds after a deal was set.

Got a buddy just ITP and he’s a very cautious and nervous prepper. He won’t buy any firearms from anything public. He has a hell of a collection but for as long as I’ve known him he only deals with other preppers who feel the same way and personal friends like me. He sooooo afraid that his business will show up on a list deep within the bowels of DHS or CIA. So I get why some might. I prefer to deal with like minded people as me and trade with local stores to help support local businesses.

I’ve done it, but only because the member that contacted me had triple digit feedback, deal went over smoothly. I spoke with the buyer over the phone first, didn’t see any issues, and met up the next day.

if the member that contacted me had little feedback, then probably no.

I say no... let the member here act as a go-between or agent of the buyer and handle the deal with you, and he can provide that firearm to his buddy / co-worker / neighbor, etc.
Keep the communications between you and the other ODT member in PMs.
There's no law against "straw purchases" in private deals between residents of the same state.
Not unless one of y'all knows that the "friend / buddy/ co-worker" is a prohibited person.

I’ve done this for several friends. They ask me to find a good deal and I enjoy the search and meet up. They usually thrown me a couple bucks for gas...

Back
Top Bottom