• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your buddy's weird gun obsessions?

All my good close friends are ex military types so we stack em high and stack em deep when it comes to everything. Me I'm probably the oddest one of the bunch since I don't shoot much anymore.

Here is one I do that I know people cringe over.

I sell dirty guns.

See I have a rough round count before I break any modern firearm down and clean it. somewhere between 500-750 for pistols and 1000-1500 for rifles if I get tired before that threshold and sell it it get sold dirty. I shoot more then 95% of people so it doesnt take that long to reach these numbers but for most there pistol will never see 500 rounds and there rifle will never see 1000. So I let people know that the gun they are getting is dirty because its been shot and it functions and will continue to function even if there OCD ass can keep away from cleaning it.

All of my milsurp get cleaned after each shooting I guess I respect them more.

I kind of prefer a dirty guns. In fact, if I really like a rifle, I like to "wear it in". I don't want it all pretty and shiny. I prefer it to be like one of my favorite fine used tools, with dings and scratches... so I don't feel bad dragging it out anywhere with me. If it's so awesome, it should function well in any environment. I really don't find it necessary to clean my AR rifles, until I see a decrease in accuracy, with modern non-corrosive ammunition…

The exception being carry pistols, they of course have to be clean enough and lubed enough to function all the time...

I kind of prefer a dirty guns. In fact, if I really like a rifle, I like to "wear it in". I don't want it all pretty and shiny. I prefer it to be like one of my favorite fine used tools, with dings and scratches... so I don't feel bad dragging it out anywhere with me. If it's so awesome, it should function well in any environment. I really don't find it necessary to clean my AR rifles, until I see a decrease in accuracy, with modern non-corrosive ammunition…

The exception being carry pistols, they of course have to be clean enough and lubed enough to function all the time...
AR will see a decrease in function before a loss in accuracy.

Reactions: MRH
haha yeah I knew that would get some negative response.
I will give you credit for admitting it to the buyer. I always like the "It's like new" and then I look at it at the meet and/or get it home and quickly look like Clint.
My dad was a stickler about cleaning his guns (competitive bench rest shooter but he was that way long before he competed and just had hunting arms) so it was drilled into my head. I have some guns from him as old as me and they still look new, so I'm thankful he encouraged that. Plus, I often find cleaning them (and reminiscing) therapeutic. I admit, I take better care of my older guns than I do new ones. :noidea:

I will give you credit for admitting it to the buyer. I always like the "It's like new" and then I look at it at the meet and/or get it home and quickly look like Clint.
My dad was a stickler about cleaning his guns (competitive bench rest shooter but he was that way long before he competed and just had hunting arms) so it was drilled into my head. I have some guns from him as old as me and they still look new, so I'm thankful he encouraged that. Plus, I often find cleaning them (and reminiscing) therapeutic. I admit, I take better care of my older guns than I do new ones. :noidea:

Well family heirlooms fall under my milsurp guidelines I have guns from my grandpa that I consider the families not mine so those get extra love. I do take good care of nice guns but if its an AR or AK or Glock or any modern pistol yeah not so much love goes into them.

Hey, I like those jack lowers *sniffle* I'm offended, you should be jailed :lol:
Well it's a free country. There was a thread about a Handyman needed a day or two where SOMEBODY commented about liking " Butt stuff". I still don't know how that relates to a Handyman thread but whatever.:becky:

So he lives in grizzly country and doesn't have a single round of ammo in the house? :confused:
Forget grizzly country, how does a gun owner not have a single round of ammo in the house? :suspicious:
^^This^^

My feelings could be hurt, and I retreat to my "safe space".
But like my ubergay Spike's receiverView attachment 1091456 , "don't give a s***".
Regarding ammo, min. 1000rd per caliber works for me.
I have the same ubergay lower on a SBR

Back
Top Bottom