• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm deer hunting handgun round

He's_right_you_know.jpg

Use a G20 or G40 with a 9" Lone Wolf barrel. That will give you around 900 ft-lbs of energy with Buffalo Bore loads.

I think really most any leading manufacture 10 MM ammo would do, I would tend to lean to 180-200 grains to keep energy levels up at extended ranges.
MY point would be here its really a lot more about how efficient the archer is than how big the arrow is.
in other words just how capable are you at hitting an animal of deer size in a good spot at those ranges??
The only pistol that I personally would even consider a shot at those distance was a Thompson Contender and it was scoped.
just saying its not fun to have a wounded animal roaming about the woods suffering while you try to track it down.

All 10mm is not the same! Most 10mm ammo is watered down to just barely over 40 cal. Please only use full power loads from someone like Underwood. Almost all "commercial" loads by the big manufacturers are down loaded.... And, yes I do shoot 10mm.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All 10mm is not the same! Most 10mm ammo is watered down to just barely over 40 cal. Please only use full power loads from someone like Underwood. Almost all "commercial" loads by the big manufacturers are down loaded.... And, yes I do shoot 10mm.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Not Buffalo Bore

Back
Top Bottom