• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Georgia Bulldogs

LOL! The tear-filled cry from fans of every other conference since the playoff system began in 1998......"Our Conference is better than the weak SEC"

Since the college football playoff system began 24 years ago the SEC has had six different schools win the national championship a total of 14 times. The number 2 conference you say? The ACC with 3 schools winning 5 national championships. Tied for number 3? The Big 10 with one school....that's right one school....winning a nation championship twice and the Big 12 with two schools winning one national championship each. Tied for last Pac 12 with one win. That's right the ACC, which has 9 fewer nation championships in the play-off era than the SEC, has won as many national championships as the Big 10/Big 12/Pac 12 combined.

In the 24 year playoff era how many times has a Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 team beat a SEC team in the national championship......NEVER, not once, not a single time. They have had 7 chances, just never won. The ACC is the only conference with wins over the SEC in a national championship game in the last 24 years with three.

For the life of me I don't know why these great teams from underrated big & pac 10 & 12 conferences don't defect to the weak, over-rated SEC and get in on some of this two-decade playoff era national championship dominance. They might even get lucky enough to play another recent defector and finally be assured a win over a SEC team in a national championship.

Bama beat UGA by 17 points the first time they played. They only beat Florida by 3, LSU by 6 and took 4 OTs to beat Auburn by 2. Obviously they lost to A&M. (LSU beat A&M). All four of those teams are UNRANKED. So what happens if those teams played Bama twice? :noidea:
If you look at common opponents between UGA and Bama, there is no comparison who was the better team.
By that logic Bama was the better team. Both were at or near full strength the first time they met. Bama lost both their #1 and #2 receivers for the title game and it showed offensively.
I can tell you, the UF team that played Bama and the one that played UGA was not the same team mentally, physically, or motivationally (they gave up after that LSU loss); also they were ranked #11 in the Bama game.
Auburn ALWAYS plays Bama harder than any other team on their schedule, same with LSU.

1972E2D9-2C30-402B-A133-C3F25AD3537D.png
69806646-E434-43C9-9838-B8736BBE0250.png

And after the game. Note to the slow.

By that logic Bama was the better team. Both were at or near full strength the first time they met. Bama lost both their #1 and #2 receivers for the title game and it showed offensively.
I can tell you, the UF team that played Bama and the one that played UGA was not the same team mentally, physically, or motivationally (they gave up after that LSU loss); also they were ranked #11 in the Bama game.
Auburn ALWAYS plays Bama harder than any other team on their schedule, same with LSU.

Florida wasn’t up for the game in Jacksonville? You might be the only person I’ve ever seen say something like that

LOL! The tear-filled cry from fans of every other conference since the playoff system began in 1998......"Our Conference is better than the weak SEC"

Since the college football playoff system began 24 years ago the SEC has had six different schools win the national championship a total of 14 times. The number 2 conference you say? The ACC with 3 schools winning 5 national championships. Tied for number 3? The Big 10 with one school....that's right one school....winning a nation championship twice and the Big 12 with two schools winning one national championship each. Tied for last Pac 12 with one win. That's right the ACC, which has 9 fewer nation championships in the play-off era than the SEC, has won as many national championships as the Big 10/Big 12/Pac 12 combined.

In the 24 year playoff era how many times has a Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 team beat a SEC team in the national championship......NEVER, not once, not a single time. They have had 7 chances, just never won. The ACC is the only conference with wins over the SEC in a national championship game in the last 24 years with three.

For the life of me I don't know why these great teams from underrated big & pac 10 & 12 conferences don't defect to the weak, over-rated SEC and get in on some of this two-decade playoff era national championship dominance. They might even get lucky enough to play another recent defector and finally be assured a win over a SEC team in a national championship.
EXACTLY CORRECT.

Florida wasn’t up for the game in Jacksonville? You might be the only person I’ve ever seen say something like that
You must not have watched them much this year. Mullen completely lost the locker room and the players all but quit. He got his pay check and pretty much quit on the program. All the Gator social accounts have echoed this since the kentucky and lsu losses.

By the logic that UGA had a far superior record against common opponents than Bama, Bama was the better team???

Back
Top Bottom