• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

80 dollar hand gun?

How about a really good bottle of pepper spray, baseball bat, and cheap stun.gun? While I'm not trying to sound like a prick, if she can't pony up.more than 80$ for the gun, I don't forsee her taking it to the range, getting trained, etc. Its like trying to become a mechanic but you can't afford a 80$ Jack, or the Guy with hopes of becoming a drummer that can't afford the 300 drumset. The gun.she's buying that'll just sit there "in case" ain't any good unless.she knows how to use.it, is proficient with it and safe with it and has the proper knowledge of safety to teach.her.children. ill pay for the Eddie eagle safety materials for her.kids, but she needs to realize, owning a gun for.defense shouldn't be a budget thing. There's going.to be costs involved.

- - - Updated - - -

How about a really good bottle of pepper spray, baseball bat, and cheap stun.gun? While I'm not trying to sound like a prick, if she can't pony up.more than 80$ for the gun, I don't forsee her taking it to the range, getting trained, etc. Its like trying to become a mechanic but you can't afford a 80$ Jack, or the Guy with hopes of becoming a drummer that can't afford the 300 drumset. The gun.she's buying that'll just sit there "in case" ain't any good unless.she knows how to use.it, is proficient with it and safe with it and has the proper knowledge of safety to teach.her.children. ill pay for the Eddie eagle safety materials for her.kids, but she needs to realize, owning a gun for.defense shouldn't be a budget thing. There's going.to be costs involved.

The gun in the bag got taken out and I sprayed it down with break cleaner. I wire brushed it, compressed air was used to blow it out and then I blasted it with crushed media glass. It was really rough textured and if one wants to do this don't blast the rails. I went over it with glass beads 80 grit and about 60 psi. :)

The magazines were soaking in oil for months and waiting a reason to be massaged.

i50.tinypic.com_fs551.jpg

The magazine was in sorry shape but the spring still had some sprong in it!

i46.tinypic.com_2pze7mr.jpg

Yummy thick crud under the magazine follower

i49.tinypic.com_ml79ed.jpg

Hey we might make this gun in the bag a decent magazine!

Edit-I'm going to mess with this some more. I really appreaciate all the good folks here on the ODT willing to give to help this woman. You guys are great.

Hopefully this lady will save her $80 and use it for other things in the budget if things work out. I'll keep you guys posted of the progress.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the titan .25 pistols over a raven

fully agree with you there overlord steve. i just sold my titan but iv owned several of both it and the raven and the titans are definitely more sturdy. pretty cheap option to as most of the ones iv owned or in the $50ish range in decent shape. only hard part is finding cheap mags lol

Hey brother that's a what i was thinking but she's on one income and three dependents now. I was hoping for something sooner........ perhaps but cheaper and more reliable? Are the ravens reliable??

I've heard that as far as guns like that go, they are. Put me down for a small donation if you're looking to get her into something a bit nicer.

Back
Top Bottom