• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK47 Brace Galil Style SOB47

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
Looking to put one of these on my Zastava M85 ... as going the SBR route is .. well a nightmare! If it were simply a matter of paying $200, giving them the current serial number, and getting the stamp in a reasonable amount of time ...but it isn't!

Anyone the entitled brace?

Bear44 Bear44 didn't you go with the Galil style brace ?
Very similar, but for an AR. It works perfectly. It's just the right length for a forward facing shooting stance, but would be a bit short for a more traditionally shouldered rifle. I've used the forward facing technique on my tactical rifles (not long range) for several decades so I had no adjustment period at all. I can't tell any difference in feel between the pistol brace and a traditional butt stock adjusted to the length I like.

I'll never SBR a rifle. They'll all be pistols as long as the laws remain the same as now.

300bk2.jpg

Very similar, but for an AR. It works perfectly. It's just the right length for a forward facing shooting stance, but would be a bit short for a more traditionally shouldered rifle. I've used the forward facing technique on my tactical rifles (not long range) for several decades so I had no adjustment period at all. I can't tell any difference in feel between the pistol brace and a traditional butt stock adjusted to the length I like.

I'll never SBR a rifle. They'll all be pistols as long as the laws remain the same as now.

Sage advice on the SBR Route .. which appears to be like volunteering to being sexual assaulted ... UGGH regardless of your sex!

The "shortness" comment appears to be a universal complaint about "braces" ... the unit has a side-folder option that can be bought for an obscene price, provided it is in stock ... which it isn't (surprised?!)

My son-in-law is Croatian and is puzzled by our strange gun laws (he's not alone on that one). His immediate take on the M85 was "this is for CQCB ... you know ... in the streets" ... So, he wants to see a folding solution ... Well, maybe later ... !

Anyhow, I really, really appreciate the real life experience with the brace. AIM has them for $129 ... just wish they were cheaper!

Thanks Guys!

Sage advice on the SBR Route .. which appears to be like volunteering to being sexual assaulted ... UGGH regardless of your sex!

The "shortness" comment appears to be a universal complaint about "braces" ... the unit has a side-folder option that can be bought for an obscene price, provided it is in stock ... which it isn't (surprised?!)

My son-in-law is Croatian and is puzzled by our strange gun laws (he's not alone on that one). His immediate take on the M85 was "this is for CQCB ... you know ... in the streets" ... So, he wants to see a folding solution ... Well, maybe later ... !

Anyhow, I really, really appreciate the real life experience with the brace. AIM has them for $129 ... just wish they were cheaper!

Thanks Guys!
Short is not an issue at all as long as you use the "correct" shooting stance.

3739852249_63bbe1c87c_z.jpg

That's how I shoot shotgun ... the weapon is sighted down the beads and become part of my body ... tracking the target with both eyes open ... moving with an through! I know rifle is a little different ... but I hit a bunch with my 60+ year old .22 semi-automatic the exact same way.

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom