• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best $20 spent for home security

And don't mount them too low if there are dogs around or it will be alerting you all the time.
LOL...
Was over at her house once, thing kept alerting, look outside, nothing.
Thought it was defective ‘til I saw it alert when a squirrel ran across the driveway. Also had to adjust the angle on it as it was alerting to cars driving by on the street.
Pretty impressive for $13.
I’ve got a couple for my place its just been too hot (good excuse) to hang ‘em.

This isn't safe with kids either, it should be at least concealed or better secured behind a magnetic lock or similar.

No joke there. Kids are crafty, especially with things that they're not supposed to have. When I put in our new garage door opener the instructions said to put the button up high so little kids couldn't push the button. My 4 year old just grabbed the broom and pushed the button with the handle.

With my wife three kids and mother living with us. There can be a lot of movement in the house at night. I never keep a firearms in arms reach. You could wake up in a daze and accidentally point a firearm at a loved one or be having a dream and grab it in your sleep. Our house has sensors on every door and window, glass breaks everywhere and motion sensors in the places we dont go at during the night. Even our attic windows have sensors and a motion detector. It would be very difficult for someone to get in without an alarm going off. In my situation it is best to keep a firearm out of arms length. My kids are like ninjas in the night i have woke up with them sleep walkin starin at me in bed. Not good to have a pistol in arms reach in my situation

I don’t have a headboard lol
I just put it in the quickest access spot for the middle of the night
Just an extra step of tryin to keep my son & I safe! Just moved into an apartment so it’s better than nothin!

Living in an apartment is this something you put up when you are home and secure when you leave the home? I'd be more worried about someone breaking in when I wasn't home just to steal a pistol the maintenance man said he always sees on this one person's wall. Had my apartment robbed when I was in college twice back to back. Had to move and buy a gun safe because I became the neighborhood gun store.

Back
Top Bottom