• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .22lr semi auto?

Why do you prefer the Mark ii over the newer ones?
MK3 loaded chamber indicator and mag disconnect are unnecessary. Also very tight to teardown and reassemble.
MK4 not needed. It was Rugers reaction to S&W Victory because Victory was easier to disassemble.
Ruger has had quality issues with 3 and 4.
The ultimate Ruger Mark would have been the MK2 with 1911 button style mag release.
From range reports from others MK2 more accurate and better trigger.

I have a Ruger Mk4 that came with a terrible trigger. Replaced the innards with Volquartsen parts and it shoots as good as my S&W 41 or High Standard and I can use any kind of ammo without worrying about cracking the frame.

I have a Ruger Mk4 that came with a terrible trigger. Replaced the innards with Volquartsen parts and it shoots as good as my S&W 41 or High Standard and I can use any kind of ammo without worrying about cracking the frame.
Ditto
Volquartsen trigger
Removal of magazine safety
Vol grip
Etc..
Very nice

luv the trigger on the P22, but the slides are made of chinesium (zinc). but they will replace them, as far as I know, when they crack....

if you can tolerate something bigger, CP33. oddly the quad stack mags actually work (for me)!
11976.jpg

I started a thread on here before that got a lot of responses, many of them helpful.

I looked at those. I just think they're ugly as hell. Same reason I don't like the keltec. They're not terrible guns, I just don't like hey way they look. Another reason I'm drawn to the FN. Has a more "traditional" semi auto pistol look.
TX-22 is the better choice for me. When I go to a gun store I look for reliability and accuracy. When I go to the strip club I look for "looks"

Ruger Mk4 (compared to Mk2 or 3) if you haven’t bought it yet. I’ve got a 3 but I’m fine with disassembly.
If you add a Volquartsen trigger and bolt you’ll really enjoy it. Trigger is a must and really wish I bought the bolt earlier, saves finger tips. Got a low dot mount I believe from Burris and a FF3. Deleted the front sight. Spectre2 can has no 1st round pop and easy to clean. Only down side is 10 round mags but have mine modded to hold 11.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom