• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime?

Do you think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime?

• Yes, I think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • No, I don't think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime

Votes: 49 58.3%

• Total voters
the longer they stay in isolation, the more they serve justice. i am a believer of change.
swift/clean execution merely expedites the suffering, and most of all, painless!!!
my answer is NO!

yes, it deters the criminal from ever killing again after the sentence is carried out

that being said im against the death penalty, mostly because of how its used in the united states. now japan, those guys are efficient. i think the average wait on their death row is around 2 to 3 years. also they use hanging

id like to see that. i mean a death sentence is final, the judge should set an execution date without having the appeals process needlessly interfere (i mean we need the appeal process, but if there is no new evidence and they are just dragging it out at the tax payers expense, i say deny the stay of execution)

id also like to see the united states revert back to firing squad or hanging. lethal injection cost to much and messes up alot surprisingly (just saying ive never heard of them stopping an execution by firing squad or hanging because they messed up)

good, i like my criminals to stay dead

It would be that simple if everyone convicted were actually guilty. Imagine the feeling (as many have had) going to the electric chair, leaving behind your family, as an innocent man.

It would be that simple if everyone convicted were actually guilty. Imagine the feeling (as many have had) going to the electric chair, leaving behind your family, as an innocent man.
ya uhhh i dont see that happening these days buddy. when was the last time that happened (dont say troy davis, that dude was guilty).

and yes im aware a few people are removed from death row, but its not because they are innocent, they just had their sentence commuted

besides, feelings are the last thing im thinking about when it comes to murderers and rapists

This would be a good reason to keep your nose clean. Then you don't wind up hanging around with unsavory characters or getting electrocuted.

Back
Top Bottom