• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog lovers, what should I do? I’m furious at the vet!

First vet dropped the ball with the misdiagnosis.

In defense of the second vet, a second biopsy would have cost you even more money and there would have been no reason to doubt the first vet.
Wrong. A second biopsy would confirm the misdiagnosis of cancer? Bullshyte.

We didn’t even question the vet at the time. I’m definitely going after the money. I’m just not sure how yet. I’m letting all this sink in right now, but it doesn’t feel right at all. I feel like we got scammed and that’s not how you should feel from a vet.
I don't think you got scammed. The second vet, the one that got the big money, simply believed the first vet. There should have been no reason not to.

In fact, I'm not even sure this is on the first vet. Did they send the tissue sample out for the biopsy or did they do it in house?

I don't think you got scammed. The second vet, the one that got the big money, simply believed the first vet. There should have been no reason not to.

In fact, I'm not even sure this is on the first vet. Did they send the tissue sample out for the biopsy or did they do it in house?
I would think that a biopsy would be done at the second.
When someone brings me a car that another mechanic says “the motor is bad” but dosent do motor r&r....im gonna do my diagnostics to the motor before i sell customer on full motor job needlessly.
Now , we are talking about an animal vs a car. You wouldnt do a second diagnosis, as the surgeon, before you operate??

The first vet sent it out for biopsy. The second vet also sent it out for biopsy, but after the surgery. I don’t understand how this happened.

The good news is he looks great and is a very happy dog. He just has a bit of a droopy face now where they removed part of his upper jaw.

Wrong. A second biopsy would confirm the misdiagnosis of cancer? Bullshyte.
No doubt, but then you run into the issue of doing unnecessary testing, which increases cost to the owner. This has been an issue with some Vets in the past.

It's common for Doctors, both animal and human, to work from what previous Doctors have done. If you have a set of X-Rays done and then get referred to another Doctor, they will typically use the original X-Rays unless they are not detailed enough.

There's also a real possibility the first Doctor sent the tissue out to a lab for testing and they are the ones that determined it was cancer. That lab would ultimately be responsible for the misdiagnosis. They have liability insurance, too.

The first vet sent it out for biopsy. The second vet also sent it out for biopsy, but after the surgery. I don’t understand how this happened.

The good news is he looks great and is a very happy dog. He just has a bit of a droopy face now where they removed part of his upper jaw.
That is the best news for sure. But dang, i would be pissed fo sure! Lol

Back
Top Bottom