• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For just a chassis?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ridiculous.

I ain't sayin' they're worth the price, but I've shot an M40A6 working prototype (following the previous designations, the Corps will field it as the M40A7). To quote Monty Python, "Oh yes, it's very nice!"

This chassis is currently being fielded in other forms by US Army and SOCOM.

The Marine Corps is in a holding pattern on the M40A7. Apparently the sticking point is the barrel, specifically twist rate and length. The caliber will remain 7.62x51mm.

Aaahhhh.......I strayed from the topic at hand.......
But still, why so much? One man with the right machining tools could make that in a few hours in his basement.

From a military standpoint, this was the chassis system that offered all the features they were looking for, and beat out all other contenders during testing. I'm not privy to all the testing criteria, nor do I know who all the entrants were. I do know that more than one competing stock failed due to failure of the adjustments and/or folding mechanism.

Not that any of that has anything to do with the civilian market price.

Things are getting out of control in portions of the firearms industry. Seriously! There is no way this is worth what they're asking other than to people that are willing to spend outrageous amounts just to be tacticool.

View attachment 1209855
$3640.00 for this thing, but at least shipping is free. I would F'n think so!
Doesn't even come with a mag.

http://www.eurooptic.com/remington-...il&utm_term=0_dde3ccfa21-77648dee00-158577465
It looks pretty scary. Ban it.

My DT chassis is technically $3k. It's the price the govt is willing to pay so civvies can pay too. Be gracious that there isn't some mil only restriction.

is it a nice chassis, yes but its too heavy in my book and definitely not worth the price. The price is that high so that it will decrease demand letting them keep up with .Gov contracts. For some reason it takes Chassis manufactures forever to make em.

Back
Top Bottom