• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Is 100% Being Cut

Was this actual figuring, or the notice on the dash?
I don’t know about the other stuff, but my big liter stuff requires a higher octane. Is that true of the 8.1?
Actual figures. I even have my oldest daughter (the youngest hasn't started driving yet) and wife resetting the trip meter and writing down the miles and gallons.
I believe the 8.1 gas lid says 87 but now I'm gonna have to look into it.

Shell, Exon, BP etc.
pretty sure QT, Racetrac are good, but be careful about Raceway as they are independent and buy their gas from whomever is cheapest.
Diesel? Most of the big names are fine, just stay away from the places where they have only a slight customer base for diesel. Those tanks are not cycled fresh and will give you problems with water.
Thanks, I recently applied for a BP visa and will get 15 cents off a gallon. Good to know their gas is of higher quality.

I work at a Chevrolet dealership, we have a ethanol tester from gm that is very accurate, we had a in dealership class on it, we sent the porter out a got a gallon of gas from six different gas station and six different brands, no gas tested less that 20% ethanol when it should have been 15% the gm trainer said that’s what he expected, he did classes all over the country and gets the same results. Less gas more ethanol,

I work at a Chevrolet dealership, we have a ethanol tester from gm that is very accurate, we had a in dealership class on it, we sent the porter out a got a gallon of gas from six different gas station and six different brands, no gas tested less that 20% ethanol when it should have been 15% the gm trainer said that’s what he expected, he did classes all over the country and gets the same results. Less gas more ethanol,
That’s odd as ethanol cost more, doesn’t it?

That’s odd as ethanol cost more, doesn’t it?
I believe both corn and ethanol plants are heavily subsidized, the vehicles computer is set to run fuel trim for 15% ethanol, when ethanol is too high it effectives the rich/lean mixture causing running problems and poor gas mileage.

I believe both corn and ethanol plants are heavily subsidized, the vehicles computer is set to run fuel trim for 15% ethanol, when ethanol is too high it effectives the rich/lean mixture causing running problems and poor gas mileage.
Pretty sure my truck says don’t use more than 10%.

Yeah I understand the engine side of it.
Wasn’t thinking about subsidies.

Back
Top Bottom