• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

If they are over 21 and have not been arrested, what is stopping them from carrying guns now?
:confused::noidea:

Exactly!

Plus if they are "true" gangbangers most of them have real criminal records.

Sounds like some people are scared of gun owners that don't look quite like they do.

And id say freedom of religion and speech is completely diff than carrying a gun! The first amendment is drawn out quite clear with not too much room for argument or interpretation. You keep speaking of constitutional rights and I believe this issue has been discussed by myself and others in another post on here. The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify concealed carry, or carrying in public, it just says bear arms. I dont see how expecting someone to know the in's and out's of their weapons as well as having a card saying that they know what they are doing when they carry is a violation of the Constitution?!?!? Not trying to create a ruckus here just saying where is the Constitution being violated? And why would that be such a bad idea?

I think a class would continue to discourage the ones that shouldn't be carrying from doing so and make the ones who want to carry appreciate it the right even more!

One of the definitions of bear is to carry.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bear Look at #7 & #12

I'd say it's very clear in the constitution that you have the right to carry a gun on you anywhere.

And id say freedom of religion and speech is completely diff than carrying a gun! The first amendment is drawn out quite clear with not too much room for argument or interpretation. You keep speaking of constitutional rights and I believe this issue has been discussed by myself and others in another post on here. The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify concealed carry, or carrying in public, it just says bear arms. I dont see how expecting someone to know the in's and out's of their weapons as well as having a card saying that they know what they are doing when they carry is a violation of the Constitution?!?!? Not trying to create a ruckus here just saying where is the Constitution being violated? And why would that be such a bad idea?

I think a class would continue to discourage the ones that shouldn't be carrying from doing so and make the ones who want to carry appreciate it the right even more!

There is a reason the 2nd amendment is #2 right after the 1st.......because yeah, it's that important!

You need to read some of the writings of the founding fathers and their viewpoints on armed citizens.

I would still get the voluntary permit because I do CC in other states that honor our permit. That in its self is worth the $80. Also, I like not having to run the back ground check when I buy a firearm. I'd rather have more proof than not enough.

There is a reason the 2nd amendment is #2 right after the 1st.......because yeah, it's that important!

You need to read some of the writings of the founding fathers and their viewpoints on armed citizens.

Wow ok not saying its not!!! I have my GWP or w/e its called! And im all for citizens arming themselves to protect one another. I just think instead of letting everyone go out, by a gun, and start packing that they should have some basic knowledge of the weapon and how to use it first. Would make me feel much safer. Matt im sure you, myself, dunkel, vanguard, all of us have basic understanding of weapons as well as respect for them. But I know many 21 year olds who would be out there packing heat cause they think they are some kind of a bada$$ and they would do more damage than good. Thats all im trying to say!

I would still get the voluntary permit because I do CC in other states that honor our permit. That in its self is worth the $80. Also, I like not having to run the back ground check when I buy a firearm. I'd rather have more proof than not enough.

I'm with you. I will have a permit because it makes MY life easier, and allows me to CC in other states.

Here's some to ponder:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."

-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."

-- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.
A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."

-- Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788, on "militia" in the 2nd Amendment

That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...

-- Samuel Adams, in "Phila. Independent Gazetteer", August 20, 1789

Back
Top Bottom