• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

Wow so you really misunderstood that WHOLE message! I was not trying to be rude or insult you sir! I just know how these forms can drastically go out of hand in a matter of a few posts. Didnt wanna do that to the OP. I am a proud Georgian and love the people of this state, so by me saying what I did, I meant no disrespect to the people of our great state. Also I agree, LEO's are many times misinformed but I have it by word of mouth from a 30+ year retiree from Police, an active BATF agent, as well as many others that by me open carrying in this state im not breaking any laws. I will not argue that laws change every year so perhaps it is illegal for an individual 21 or older to do so openly without a permit. Ill look into that. As for the drugs I am NOT going to get into that. Do I feel that we as a country should legalize more, absolutely but again a diff argument on a diff day and post. As for your "common sense" remark; im sorry that there are indeed folks out there that do not have the God given sense that you and I posses. But I feel as long as someone is walking around carrying a weapon to protect themselves and those around them (which it is my belief that as long as you ARE carrying you are protecting others as well as yourself) that they should know and have a basic understanding of how a fire arm works! I have lost 4 family members, and several friends that have been killed from firearm related accidents. All were of legal age to carry and/or be around guns so it wasn't an issue of some idiot playing around. Accidents happen everyday but I believe that if it can be prevented then why not take the extra steps to make it so?

It is absolutely illegal to carry a firearm in Georgia, out and about in public, either openly or concealed without a Georgia Weapons Carry License. 16-11-126 has the wording about your home, vehicle, place of business, etc.

The rest of the stuff I am not going to get into, but Dunkel is right about the carry laws.

Check out OCGA 16-11-126 through 16-11-130 for all the important info.

I think it is 16-11-126.H specifically has the wording about carrying a weapon, but I do not have it in front of me, so I might be wrong.

Jerry

Wow so you really misunderstood that WHOLE message! I was not trying to be rude or insult you sir!

I took no personal insult. I'm not originally from Georgia ;)

I just know how these forms can drastically go out of hand in a matter of a few posts. Didnt wanna do that to the OP. I am a proud Georgian and love the people of this state, so by me saying what I did, I meant no disrespect to the people of our great state.

I'm very confused then...you said that even though unlicensed carry works in those other states, it wouldn't work here. Why?

Also I agree, LEO's are many times misinformed but I have it by word of mouth from a 30+ year retiree from Police, an active BATF agent, as well as many others that by me open carrying in this state im not breaking any laws.

Are you confusing "open carry" with "unlicensed carry"?

I will not argue that laws change every year so perhaps it is illegal for an individual 21 or older to do so openly without a permit. Ill look into that.

It's always been illegal to openly carry without a permit, unless you're in your home, place of business, etc.

As for the drugs I am NOT going to get into that. Do I feel that we as a country should legalize more, absolutely but again a diff argument on a diff day and post.

Ok, well, you brought it up.

As for your "common sense" remark; im sorry that there are indeed folks out there that do not have the God given sense that you and I posses.

I won't argue that, but I don't recall seeing exceptions in the 2nd Amendment for people that you don't care for.

But I feel as long as someone is walking around carrying a weapon to protect themselves and those around them (which it is my belief that as long as you ARE carrying you are protecting others as well as yourself) that they should know and have a basic understanding of how a fire arm works!

Naturally. The question is whether or not the government should mandate specific training as a requirement to exercise a Constitutional right.

I have lost 4 family members, and several friends that have been killed from firearm related accidents. All were of legal age to carry and/or be around guns so it wasn't an issue of some idiot playing around. Accidents happen everyday but I believe that if it can be prevented then why not take the extra steps to make it so?

With family and friends like that, I'm not sure I trust your opinion about who should be allowed to carry.

Do you really think the people who you need to worry about having guns care one way or another about the concealed carry laws?

No they are not concerned with laws which is why they can be charged with something at least if they are caught carrying now. No big deal. I dig the way Texas runs things. I wouldn't mind open carry for everyone. Can finally carry a cowboy rig. Diggin the thought of that.

No they are not concerned with laws which is why they can be charged with something at least if they are caught carrying now. No big deal. I dig the way Texas runs things. I wouldn't mind open carry for everyone. Can finally carry a cowboy rig. Diggin the thought of that.

Texas is not an open carry state and their permits are extremely expensive. How does that sound?

Texas is not an open carry state and their permits are extremely expensive. How does that sound?

Really? Not very good.:D Chalk one up for misinformation. I will take my leave to do some research now before I make anymore mistakes.

Ok I did get confused! Yes, I confused unlicensed carry with open and for that I do apologize. And I also apologize for having my personal opinions on here instead of facts...

hmmmm....Not sure what I think...

I am for De-regulation....but

:eek:

Have I been brain washed into thinking the way we are doing it now is right?

Back
Top Bottom