• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good guns you don't like.

Dang we think a lot alike. I can't afford the Kimbers and I've never been able to fall in love with a Sig. I did see a Kimber Eclipse that I'd sure like to give a home to. Just too much money for it right now.

Kimbers have not impressed me in the past 10 years. Every time I get one, I take it apart, look at the parts, and think, "I paid how much for this? What was I thinking" The quality and craftsmanship just isn't there anymore. I have an old custom classic that I doubt I will ever get rid of, but I wouldn't make a point to buy anything Kimber has put out in the past 6 years or so. Anymore I view Kimber quality about on par with Para, and a step below RIA, and about 3 steps below GOOD springfields.

No I am not saying that RIAs are better than Kimbers, but at least with an RIA, they tell you it is a cheap gun, and charge accordingly.

I don't like the "unloaded" ones at gunstores, gunshows, or elsewhere that are pointed at me by people who don't follow basic safety rules.
The "unloaded" ones seem to be responsible for most of the accidental deaths. The only time I want to look down the barrel is when one is disassembled.

lol. our local gun store has a bunch of holes in the ceiling from 'unloaded' guns.

Kimbers have not impressed me in the past 10 years. Every time I get one, I take it apart, look at the parts, and think, "I paid how much for this? What was I thinking" The quality and craftsmanship just isn't there anymore. I have an old custom classic that I doubt I will ever get rid of, but I wouldn't make a point to buy anything Kimber has put out in the past 6 years or so. Anymore I view Kimber quality about on par with Para, and a step below RIA, and about 3 steps below GOOD springfields.

I guess you could say the Kimber is eye candy right now. I really don't want a rifle, pistol, or shotgun that's too "pretty" to use. I used to go after the BDLs and Medallions. Pretty wood and high lustre bluing. I sort of shifted gears in the last few years. I want something I can take out in the rain and not have to baby it. I still hunt with my BDL and it has been in the rain but I prefer synthetic and stainless these days. As far as pistols go, It's a tool to me. It doesn't have to be pretty just reliable. I like all guns and I buy what suits my needs. I would come closer to buying the RIA than the Kimber simply because I'd use it and not worry about holster wear or scratches. Not to mention the price.

Glocks were never my thing but they are growing on me a bit now that I am leaning towards DOA in pistols. XDs dont agree with my hand, always felt like junk.

Back
Top Bottom