• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

good guns you don't like.

Ruger p-series, Springfield xd, and rock island 1 911s, always hated the feel of the ruger(also had waaaay too many hang ups out of a friends p series), can't get the feel for a xd, and rock island guns feel like garbage to me. I have an ongoing love hate relation with glocks.....I'll get one and love it for about a week or so and get rid of it and then want another...lol go figure.

how about any 1911? first auto pistol (when i was about 13 or so) was a german Walther PPK/s in 22lr. I shot that thing for years. smooth trigger, great shooting gun with a decocking lever.

the first time I picked up a 1911 (colt ace service model 22lr) and was going to put the hammer down after pulling the slide back I was at a loss. I asked my dad how to put the trigger down and he said you cover it with your thumb and pull the trigger. I just thought "what a bad design"... lol.. never have liked them much since then. Still have the Colt but I think i've only shot it once or twice. Over the years I've gotten better about them and have a mustang pocketlight, but with all the pistols I have, I don't have any 1911's besides the Ace.

oh well, guess I have something for you guys to laugh at me about... ;)

how about any 1911? first auto pistol (when i was about 13 or so) was a german Walther PPK/s in 22lr. I shot that thing for years. smooth trigger, great shooting gun with a decocking lever.

the first time I picked up a 1911 (colt ace service model 22lr) and was going to put the hammer down after pulling the slide back I was at a loss. I asked my dad how to put the trigger down and he said you cover it with your thumb and pull the trigger. I just thought "what a bad design"... lol.. never have liked them much since then. Still have the Colt but I think i've only shot it once or twice. Over the years I've gotten better about them and have a mustang pocketlight, but with all the pistols I have, I don't have any 1911's besides the Ace.

oh well, guess I have something for you guys to laugh at me about... ;)
1911s are designed to be carried with the hammer back and safety on. I have a 5 year old Springer and I think the only time the hammer is ever down in that 5 yrs is for that split second when it's hitting the firing pin.

Lets not forget the sig p250 and sig pro models.......barf. I'm a die hard sig fan but, I just can't stand those two!
I agree totally! I love the 229s 226s I held a p250 the other day single action only trigger...double barf!. I agree with bad ergos on the glocks for sure but you have to give credit where its due. I heard somewhere that by far glock has the most pistols sold of all time..Not sure if thats true. I tend to like all guns so im bad for this topic..I found interesting that no body mentioned Kel-tec...I like them but I figured somebody would have a negitive. I really didnt like the mag drop on the new walthers. They are like the HK mag drops which im not a fan of either.

Back
Top Bottom