• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun range sued by neighbors

"According to a Peacemakers supporter, the Goldsteins bought their Virginia property in December 2011, after the Peacemakers gun range had been established. The Goldsteins didn’t file a complaint until September 2015."

http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/03/gun-range-sued-by-neighbors/

The range was there first and then they moved in and now complaining and have a suit against them. WOW
I believe the same thing happened years ago to the Wilson Shoals WMA gun range. Which is why it's now only 85 yds long and has that strangely-shaped roof over the shooting benches.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Griffin Gun Club also extended out rifle roof with no blue sky showing and added two gravel filled baffles to stop any that might go high. I appreciate having my club close and fear losing it to a frivolous suit. I'm going over today to shoot and need to much more than once a week.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

"According to a Peacemakers supporter, the Goldsteins bought their Virginia property in December 2011, after the Peacemakers gun range had been established. The Goldsteins didn’t file a complaint until September 2015."

http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/03/gun-range-sued-by-neighbors/

The range was there first and then they moved in and now complaining and have a suit against them. WOW
Oh, I'd be willing to bet that the goldsteins are anit-gun libtards in the first place. I'd also be wiling to bet that they were taught from a early age that the squeaky hinge gets the oil. They probably heard that those evil black guns were being fired over there.
It really is a sad day in America when judges use personal bias to rule, and we are seeing so much judicial activism these days, from federal courts to local courts as evidenced by the above situation. This is about as ridiculous as buying a home next to a chicken farm and then suing to have it shut down because you don't like the smell.
How dare that judge allow this to move forward and on top of that demand all those private records. Is he trying to shame them into closing?
This is why judges need policing of their own. There should be an avenue or a much easier avenue to undo judicial over reach.

After reading the ordinance it's clear the goldsteins should have tried to change the ordinance, and the judge should have dismissed the case, as it seems there is not path to victory for the goldsteins unless the judge can't read.

More and more liberal judges go outside the law. Sad part is most people don't have the funds to fight. The rule of law and the constitution means nothing to them.
With respect to not having the funds to fight, civil rights violations entail awards for attorney's fees. While the dollars and cents of the actual dispute may be for a trivial amount, attorney's fees may very well serve as a deterrent to future infringements. That being said, the Goldsteins probably don't have that much money either. Obviously there is a threat of "judicial activism" but there is at least the opportunity to put this up on appeal, up and up.

They'll get in front of the parade if it makes it to the Supreme Court and pretend they leadn it there, like they do with every other consequential case.

The NRA was responsible for the successful completion of the leading case under the Georgia Range Protection Act, which case has been instrumental in keeping ranges all over Georgia open.

Without the NRA, the case would not have be been appealed, and attempts to close Georgia ranges would have continued.

Recent developments in the case of Goldstein v. Peacemaker Properties LLC.

1. Most importantly, while this case has been pending, W. VA. has enacted a range protection law. One of the issues is that the only "law" in the case is a county ordinance. The Goldstein's actually live across the state line in VA. so there argument was that they were not bound by a county level noise ordinance.

2. Because of the heat from the "gun faction" the trial judge has recused himself, and there is going to be a new judge on the case.

The bad news is that apparently the gun club had to go ahead and turn over the records, and the plaintiffs have had an opportunity to go through those records. Although the records are protected by a protective order (which I've not been able to read) that should prevent disclosure of the private information, protective orders are notoriously porous.

Back
Top Bottom