• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has Prepping Slowed or Intensified ?

My prepping methods have intensified immensely
yep me too
35695.jpeg

I considered it, but to be honest I don't see much point. At the end of the day, there could be a situation at some point, but who knows... If the system collapsed, we are all boned, pretty much. Unless you have a prepared bunker up in the hills that nobody knows about...

Everyone else, we are surrounded by people... and after a couple weeks of no electricity, your neighbors and strangers alike will turn on you if you are the only place in the area with a generator... The nicest people you know, cold turn desperate when their wife and kids are starving, and they won't think twice about taking what you have. I know, that's what guns are for, but they may have them as well, or, they might outnumber you 30 to 1... Like I said, pretty much all of us are boned, so why bother worrying about it? We saw preppers all hunkered down for Y2K, and I bet there are some of them still eating from those MRE stockpiles...

It doesn't hurt to be aware and have spare food, water and supplies in hand in case the power goes out for a few days from a storm... But "living a prepper lifestyle" seems weird to me... I have met many, and some of them you almost get the feeling that they look forward to the apocalypse, like they want it to happen...

Anything in moderation, no concerns... but I am not going all in on this stuff... The chances of needing it are slim, and likely anything I do wouldn't be enough if we truly saw a SHTF situation for any length of time...

I considered it, but to be honest I don't see much point. At the end of the day, there could be a situation at some point, but who knows... If the system collapsed, we are all boned, pretty much. Unless you have a prepared bunker up in the hills that nobody knows about...

Everyone else, we are surrounded by people... and after a couple weeks of no electricity, your neighbors and strangers alike will turn on you if you are the only place in the area with a generator... The nicest people you know, cold turn desperate when their wife and kids are starving, and they won't think twice about taking what you have. I know, that's what guns are for, but they may have them as well, or, they might outnumber you 30 to 1... Like I said, pretty much all of us are boned, so why bother worrying about it? We saw preppers all hunkered down for Y2K, and I bet there are some of them still eating from those MRE stockpiles...

It doesn't hurt to be aware and have spare food, water and supplies in hand in case the power goes out for a few days from a storm... But "living a prepper lifestyle" seems weird to me... I have met many, and some of them you almost get the feeling that they look forward to the apocalypse, like they want it to happen...

Anything in moderation, no concerns... but I am not going all in on this stuff... The chances of needing it are slim, and likely anything I do wouldn't be enough if we truly saw a SHTF situation for any length of time...
I agree with you, if it last weeks or months many friends will turn into enemies, my New York City friends said that the government will take care of there needs, we had this talk October 8, I told them just keep out of Georgia, we have enough crazies here now!

I agree with you, if it last weeks or months many friends will turn into enemies, my New York City friends said that the government will take care of there needs, we had this talk October 8, I told them just keep out of Georgia, we have enough crazies here now!
Yep. The greatest threats will come from a 2-3 mile radius so be ready to pop everyone within that area when they show up.

Yep. The greatest threats will come from a 2-3 mile radius so be ready to pop everyone within that area when they show up.

Nobody should be ready to do any of that nonsense... Am I the only one that thinks its... weird, or "off"... to be sitting here actually planning and prepping for this kinda stuff, and discussing it in public?

Nobody should be ready to do any of that nonsense... Am I the only one that thinks its... weird, or "off"... to be sitting here actually planning and prepping for this kinda stuff, and discussing it in public?
You live your life and I’ll live mine. What you think doesn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom