• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HEART RATE INCREASE WITH LOUD, SUDDEN, SURPRISE NOISES

Noises are not my problem The last year or so I have developed claustrophobia I can’t even ride in the back seat of a car for the first 60 years of my life it wasn’t a problem I worked for the phone company crawling under houses, worked in tight spots all the time I was a volunteer firefighter never had a problem till the last year or two I guess that’s part of getting older
I went 35 years and thought I wasn't claustrophobic. That was back right after my bodybuilding days and my shoulders were pretty wide and they tried stuffing me in one of those closed MRIs when my back went out. They gave me a sedative and put these goggles on to watch the movie but I think I lasted 25 minutes and when I realized that I could not move any which way. I panicked so bad! I told him to shut this thing off and get me the heck out of here! Yes that's one of my worst thoughts is being caught where you can't move and you're locked in there and there's no way out. Just the thought of that these days is worse than any horror movie I've ever seen at any age. LOL

My friend has always had the worst fear of going over Bridges or around mountain roads were one side drops off drastically. He will actually drive an hour or more out of the way to go around that type of Road or any kind of long Bridge. He's deathly afraid of that kind of thing. I mean I think we're all a little claustrophobic when we get in that situation where you just cannot move but this guy is if he even sees the bridge he just starts telling the person driving to get off the road, pull over and let me out of here. He really freaks out about that and I don't have any kind of problem like that. Just watching a movie about people trying to squeeze through small tunnels in caves and stuff will just, oh I hate watching that. And probably 10 years ago none of that stuff bothered me at all except the claustrophobia in the closed MRI that was a little mentally taxing to say the least. Before that though nothing and really didn't even think about things like that. Maybe it's just age creeping on and you don't have that when you're young and dumb. Testosterone does that to young men. Gives us a false sense of security I reckon.

I understand before my knee replacement I had to have a MRI I took one look at that thing and said O hell no I’m glad they have open MRI s now but they are bad enough

Back
Top Bottom