• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store your ammo?

I have 3 of those cases. Each is loaded with a minimum of 1000 9mm, 45acp or 40 caliber. Two of them have around 1500 rounds and I've had no issue with them other than the potential Hernia from lifting one.

Those are the old style or the new? The new ones have a very different design and are slightly larger, which sounded good until I moved all my 9mm to one and had the handle break free and drop 80 pounds of ammo on my foot. Really lucky that I didn't break anything, but it was bruised and swollen for a week or so...

foot bruise from can ODT.jpg

You can see where the plastic in the new design simple stretched and let the handle release on one side. To be fair, they do say right on the label not to load them to more than 35 lbs, but I never had any problems with the original design.

MTM can 005.JPG

I don't trust plastic ammo cans, the only plastic i have holds maybe five 20 round boxes of 30-06 caliber ammo. anything that is smaller caliber get a metal ammo can

The plastic cans work great for storing brass cases, that about it. As far as ammo storage, someone gave me a heavy duty cabinet that does the job.

View attachment 801581 View attachment 801582
Thats exactly what I've been cruising craigslist for. BUT we have these at work so I'm hoping I can snag one the next time one of the dept's upgrades to a newer cabinet.

Thats exactly what I've been cruising craigslist for. BUT we have these at work so I'm hoping I can snag one the next time one of the dept's upgrades to a newer cabinet.
Yeah I've been looking for something like that cabinet too. Going to check around some of the local thrift and second hand stores. Maybe some salvage type stores too.

The green plastic ammo cans with one of those desiccant bags in each on to control humidity. Then I just stack them until the one row gets to high and so on and so on. When my mother moved into a assisted living home I got the old safe back with the intention of storing the ammo in that but some how it got filled with guns. LOL

Back
Top Bottom