• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How have you upgraded your scorpion?

Flat trigger is just a trigger shoe. Feels nice. Doesn't really do anything for the pull/feel.

Spring kit gets the pull weight down to a manageable weight. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything for the reset, which is quite long on this platform.

It is the best bang for the buck IMO.

You could look at the CZ Custom kit... it's on par with nice AR triggers, but is in the $250 ballpark.

I think the reset is ok, but I know you do a lot of comps.

I think the reset is ok, but I know you do a lot of comps.
Indeed. I've shot plenty of matches with the scorpion.

It's a reasonable option for that. The trigger isn't the biggest hindrance - the heavy bolt is. Makes it a great suppressor host - not a great competition gun.

The reset is ok. Not unreasonable. Just not a fancy AR trigger type reset.

I plan on shortening the barrel and handguard, deleting the right safety, upgrading the trigger and turning it into an sbr. It has got to be one of the most fun guns ever created. And yes the bolt is heavy on these

Flat trigger is just a trigger shoe. Feels nice. Doesn't really do anything for the pull/feel.

Spring kit gets the pull weight down to a manageable weight. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything for the reset, which is quite long on this platform.

It is the best bang for the buck IMO.

You could look at the CZ Custom kit... it's on par with nice AR triggers, but is in the $250 ballpark.
yea that reset was awful. I like the flat look. Do you have any experience with the cz custom scorpion triggers?

The HB Industries trigger kit is a must have, totally different gun now. Trigger, springs, etc. I polished it all while out of the gun.

Added the KAK Blade, The upgraded Grip somebody mentioned, C More Railway optic, sling.

I am a lefty, so deleted one of the safeties and changed out the charging handle.

IMG_1492.jpg

I have two, one never fired and threw the other under the rear seat in my truck. Upgrades are shown (easier to track from my spreadsheet). I probably would have done more but @BangBang got me tied up with Mega Arms builds, then those cheap Sig M400 uppers sidetracked my builds, and now it is vacation time. I guess the Scorpions will have to wait.

Griffin Optimus Supressor
Magpul AFG or RVG depending on how I feel
Parker Mountain Rear QD Mount
SBR
HBI Duckbill Mag Release
Vortex Sparc II

I haven't done my trigger, even though I have the springs. Mine isn't terrible.

I need to get a new picture to post.

yea that reset was awful. I like the flat look. Do you have any experience with the cz custom scorpion triggers?
I ran into a guy at a USPSA match running one. Just dry fired it a bit. It was nice. I just didn't care to drop the coin.. the trigger setup I have is sufficient for my needs with the gun

For the average scorpion shooter.. the cost of the CZC trigger just isn't worth it. And you pretty much need to send it to them to install.. unless you're fairly skilled. It requires some fitting.

The HBI spring kit gets you 50% of
the way... for 10% of the cost.

HBI is the way to go for 99% of scorpion owners out there.

I've done the large mag release and charging handle. Both made it nicer to use. Trigger is next, the factory one is pretty bad. I think I'm going to start with just the spring and a polish job.

Grip is probably after that. While I can shoot it decent the angle just doesn't feel right. I keep hoping magpul or ergo releases a grip for it. I have nothing wrong with the other companies, I just know how theirs feel and prefer not to drop money on a "feel" product that I can't test drive.

Back
Top Bottom