• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much those CMP 1911’s will cost, and how they’ll do it.

Couldn't hit water if they fell out a boat. LOL

This was early to mid 60's Vietnam era. The 1911's they trained with were leftovers from WW2 and Korea, and maybe even before...? He said they were rattle boxes. Mostly pieced together and certainly not properly maintained. I would guess they had a shortage of both time and armorers.

My Dad said the ones they shot in the Army were ragged and couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. This was in the mid 60's. I can't imagine how much worse they were by the 80's.

Your dad was right. The Army didn't put much emphasis on the 1911 during my thirty years of service. As an officer, the 1911 was the weapon that was most often my issued weapon. I remember shooting it a handful of times; but I can't remember having to qualify with it more than 2-3 times. All of my experiences with actually firing the weapon were exactly as your dad described. When we did field training exercises, the riflemen were issued blank ammunition; but the 1911s remained holstered.

Are these calla robo-calls from some machine that plays a recording that says: ""Do not hang up! This is not a sales..."?

That's as far as I heard. I hung up immediately. I assumed it was a sales call and the caller was a lying sack o' dung.

I got two such calls this week. But now that I think about it, I did sign up for the "interested persons" list for the CMP 1911's .

Back
Top Bottom