LEO deadly force

Chief Flynn hits the nail on the head. When was the last time you saw a cop walking a beat? Well I haven't.....but I have seen them standing around in the Flash Foods convenience store, looking tacticool and trying to impress the 19 year old girl working the midnight shift.

I see it everyday, we have several in our agency that does this everyday.

I agree that people are being hired as officers that have no business doing this job. Its the generations coming up that have never been in a physical confrontation in their lives before putting on a badge and that's dangerous! Its hard to train and teach someone how to take a punch and keep calm doing it. Luckily the academy I went through teaches you ways to end a physical confrontation, without using deadly force. Its a failure to train officers effectively. I for one have never had to use deadly force and the good Lord willing I hope I never have to!

This is the wuss generation. When I was being raised, we were told "don't be a tattle tale and stand up to bullies, meat will make you grow up big and strong, etc... Now for generations kids that stand up to bullies are treated worse than the bullies themselves, NOT tattling on someone makes you untrustworthy and not being a vegan means you like to torture bambi. Generation Wuss.

Last edited:
Major part of the problem is the polititions that we elect. Departments are expected to hire the best and brightest, polite and respectable, kind yet able to protect others and willing to sacrifice themselves. But how do you do that if you want to pay them Wal Mart wages? And non existent benefits?
Private sector gets the employees that everyone wants as LEO. I believe that until that question is addressed you will not get the quality officers that everyone seems to want.
Never tell your polititions? Then you must be satisfied with the quality LEO there is now.
so why is it that when a cop does end up doing something bad that they receive a slap on the wrist compared to what would happen to any other american (usually)?

i think the main thing alot of folks want is this amnesty police have to not be so absolute

police are no different than any other citizen in regards to personal accountability

so why is it that when a cop does end up doing something bad that they receive a slap on the wrist compared to what would happen to any other american (usually)?

i think the main thing alot of folks want is this amnesty police have to not be so absolute

police are no different than any other citizen in regards to personal accountability

That's my big issue.I think everyone understands you will never be able to weed out all the bad eggs before they get their badges. Once they do prove theselves unfit for duty there shouldn't be any of this suspended with pay/transferred/ "reprimanded" crap as punishment. There is little accountability in the overall picture.

That's my big issue.I think everyone understands you will never be able to weed out all the bad eggs before they get their badges. Once they do prove theselves unfit for duty there shouldn't be any of this suspended with pay/transferred/ "reprimanded" crap as punishment. There is little accountability in the overall picture.
yup

im not a fan of over aggressive or just mean spirited police, but as long as they dont kill or hurt anyone or infringe on rights (aka do their job) then i see them in the same light as DMV workers

do i enjoy nice police? yes, i try to avoid all police but everyone likes folks who try and make the best. i tell you my jaw almost drops when im in a courthouse and one of the sheriffs deputies cracks a joke or even smiles. doesnt make me want to be buddy buddy with them but it sure is a nice change from the d-bags you normally run into around there.

the way i see it police are always going to have to deal with some crap and there is no easy fix. it will take a gradual reform of how our government uses police (aka not money makers) and how the police overall conduct themselves

i know alot of cops already get this but these are my thoughts on it

-officer, that ticket you are handing me is NOT for my safety, its for the government's coffer
-officer, you are a citizen with the same voting rights and personal liberties i have. respect them and i will respect the fact you are just doing your job
-sorry officer, you dont need super high speed tactical gear to better serve us with

alot of police realize these points but it seems to elude alot of them still.

LEOs can kill anyone for any reason as long as they cite "officer safety".

I will tell you what I often tell others.. I'm going home every night. As a former infantry Marine and current LEO, I would always rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Don't put yourself in a situation that would place an officer's safety at risk, and you won't suffer the possible ultimate consequence.

***Check clarification post on page 3.

Last edited:
I will tell you what I often tell others.. I'm going home every night. As a former infantry Marine and current LEO, I would always rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Don't put yourself in a situation that would place an officer's safety at risk, and you won't suffer the possible ultimate consequence.
holy ****

"if i feel threatened and i will ****ing kill you" lmfao

if thats your attitude you have no business policing and you should join a death squad.

thats ****ed up dude

As an LEO, you will likely never have to be judged by 12.

Back
Top Bottom