• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LEO deadly force

Yes, WII controllers are so threatening, aren't they.

dont get me started on that mess. the more i hear about that specific case the more it irks me

christopher was probably one of the more harmless individuals you could have met and certainly didnt deserve to be gunned down in his own home

Not a boot in anyway about it. I never said I would kill anyone. I did however say that I would go home every night. Take that as you may, but I would assume that most of you have never had a pleasant run in with law enforcement. I feel as if I go above and beyond to be a quality person and a quality officer. I would never put a BS charge on anyone. I get a certain level of respect treating many as if their human when they are not used to being treated that way, and having a negative view on law enforcement. In my younger years I had unfortunate run ins with some idiot cops.. because I was young, and not knowing my rights.. I had a few BS charges put on me. Take into account that a few bad officers give all of us a bad name. Other professions don't get the heat that we get. There are other means of taking someone in without seriously injuring them or me.

Take that for what is is worth to you.. but don't put words in my mouth. Sorry that I want to live for my family, and God forbid the moment come when deadly force may be the only way I do go home.

I'm not 'taking my ball' and going home.. but I'm not going to feed into the negativity that people have against 'government'.. I would never come for your guns, I would never infringe upon your rights.. I work for the people.. I know where I stand.. and hopefully you guys have more of an idea as well. Sorry if my original post was taken the wrong way. I do not condone the abuse of power in my profession. Never..

Last edited:
I will tell you what I often tell others.. I'm going home every night. As a former infantry Marine and current LEO, I would always rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Don't put yourself in a situation that would place an officer's safety at risk, and you won't suffer the possible ultimate consequence.

OK Daff, how about carrying the coffin of the teen.... I'm sure you going home makes his parents feel so much better

it all stems from the idea that we constantly need more police. It has gotten laughable in many small towns in the town i grew up in there were maybe 2-3 police for the majority of the time and everything was fine no one complained the officers were genuinely good people and the town respected and liked them for that. Fast forward to today where there were 3 cops there now are over 25 and the town is now known as an infamous speed trap because all the officers have to do is ticket people for b.s. charges or do a "papers check" as i have come to call them all do to the fact that we simply do not need even half the number of officers we have.

glad you clarified your position, to me your initial post gave off the air that you were the only one who would rather be tried by twelve than carried by six. just saying, cops get away with pointing guns at people for "their safety" and other folks are supposed to be understanding of it?

also, im no cop and im sure your job has risks, but this isnt somalia or a warzone. i think people are tired of the guilty until innocent attitude alot of the time and the paramilitary nature of a police force here

Not a boot in anyway about it. I never said I would kill anyone. I did however say that I would go home every night. Take that as you may, but I would assume that most of you have never had a pleasant run in with law enforcement. I feel as if I go above and beyond to be a quality person and a quality officer. I would never put a BS charge on anyone. I get a certain level of respect treating many as if their human when they are not used to being treated that way, and having a negative view on law enforcement. In my younger years I had unfortunate run ins with some idiot cops.. because I was young, and not knowing my rights.. I had a few BS charges put on me. Take into account that a few bad officers give all of us a bad name. Other professions don't get the heat that we get. There are other means of taking someone in without seriously injuring them or me.

Take that for what is is worth to you.. but don't put words in my mouth. Sorry that I want to live for my family, and God forbid the moment come when deadly force may be the only way I do go home.

I'm not 'taking my ball' and going home.. but I'm not going to feed into the negativity that people have against 'government'.. I would never come for your guns, I would never infringe upon your rights.. I work for the people.. I know where I stand.. and hopefully you guys have more of an idea as well. Sorry if my original post was taken the wrong way. I do not condone the abuse of power in my profession. Never..

No you don't. Even SCOTUS ruled on that. You are there to enforce, not protect. Doesn't mean you don't feel that you should, just isn't your job, even though many of us wish it were.

Major part of the problem is the polititions that we elect. Departments are expected to hire the best and brightest, polite and respectable, kind yet able to protect others and willing to sacrifice themselves. But how do you do that if you want to pay them Wal Mart wages? And non existent benefits?
Private sector gets the employees that everyone wants as LEO. I believe that until that question is addressed you will not get the quality officers that everyone seems to want.
Never tell your polititions? Then you must be satisfied with the quality LEO there is now.

Yup.

Voters love to hear a politician say "more cops on the street" and "cut the budget" in the same speech. I am for a smaller, better trained, properly equipped, and well compensated police force with high standards both professionally and physically.

Yup.

Voters love to hear a politician say "more cops on the street" and "cut the budget" in the same speech. I am for a smaller, better trained, properly equipped, and well compensated police force with high standards both professionally and physically.

Get rid of all the unConstitutional laws on the books, and we wouldn't need near the number of LEO we have. And you could pay those who are needed, more.

Yup.

I agree 100%.. putting unqualified, simply looking for a job people in the field is done all the time.. especially to fill numbers..

Back
Top Bottom