• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LEO deadly force

worst cop out ever (no pun intended)

police are not soldiers and for the sake of argument if you have PTSD and still on patrol then something is pretty ****ed up
I think it's proven that there are many LEO's with underlying conditions and still active....you don't have to be a soldier to have a form of PTSD or paranoia by the way..at the end of the day mental illness is responsible for most if not all crime in some way shape or form right???

Last edited:
I think it's proven that there are many LEO's with underlying conditions and still active....you don't have to be a soldier to have a form of PTSD or paranoia by the way..at the end of the day mental illness is responsible for most if not all crime in some way shape or form right???

i know ptsd is not exclusive to soldiers. all im saying is ptsd is not only way over diagnosed but if someone honestly has it then they shouldnt still continue to be a cop

and lastly what does ptsd have to do with this topic anyway?

i know ptsd is not exclusive to soldiers. all im saying is ptsd is not only way over diagnosed but if someone honestly has it then they shouldnt still continue to be a cop

and lastly what does ptsd have to do with this topic anyway?
PTSD is over diagnosed? We lose more soldiers everyday due to being under diagnosed with PTSD along with other mental illnesses. My assumption is that the constant stress of the job can be a factor causing a form of PTSD and Paranoia. Its a plausible factor leading to police brutality, illegal use of force and why we are seeing such an increase in crime involving police officers. My comment was in regard to other comments about the actions of LEO's and not so much specifically pertaining to the write up...Why does is seem to bother you so much that I make an assumption to attribute to increased criminal action involving LEO's to something they are never tested for? There are plenty of other comments in this thread that are so much further off topic, yet you decided to enter a debate with me? Do you have evidence to support proving my assumption to be incorrect and impossible? Please, do show.....

Last edited:
It's happening exactly as Obama promised, however, it's not what MLK had in mind or asked for. This is more what Malcolm was seeking. The things you mentioned are all programs that were set up to redistribute the wealth. These were conceived by FDR and Woodrow Wilson years ago. These are all a direct result of Constitutional amendments, Congressional Bills and Presidental Orders. Last time I checked all three where part of The Gov't processes. I don't agree with it all but it's not un-Constitutional

Nobody said that these things are unconstitutional. These are the programs that buy the constitutional rights of the stupid Government dependents. Which in turn are used against the folks that stand up for their rights, as precedence setting.
As long as the majority is willing to let the government violate their rights, it gives the government a shoe in to violate everybody's rights.

Do you really believe that taking money by force"IRS" and giving it to the undeserving "The Where Mine?", is against the individual freedom?
Probably not.
You probably feel pity for the stupid, lazy, overweight, parasites upon society.

Nobody said that these things are unconstitutional. These are the programs that buy the constitutional rights of the stupid Government dependents. Which in turn are used against the folks that stand up for their rights, as precedence setting.
As long as the majority is willing to let the government violate their rights, it gives the government a shoe in to violate everybody's rights.

Do you really believe that taking money by force"IRS" and giving it to the undeserving "The Where Mine?", is against the individual freedom?
Probably not.
You probably feel pity for the stupid, lazy, overweight, parasites upon society.

Supreme Court found that a tax on income was unconstitutional well before the 16th amendment was passed. Which in turn over ruled the courts decision.

As much as I enjoy the ODT and have met a lot of great people this thread makes me pause. I believe many people here are willing to say what they do 1. Because they live in a relatively safe area not prone to the violence other areas see or 2. They have a fallacy in their mind that the citizens of modern America are actually responsible enough to protect themselves.

Yes some cops are bad. Just like some lawyers , plumbers, electricians, firefighters and soldiers. We are all human.

I can't tell you the types of calls that come in showing what an average person cannot handle on their own. Many of you forget that in America you must address the lowest common denominator, which I will say this community likely has none of.

You're assuming that citizens of modern america are not capable of protecting themselves? What makes you assume that? You only respond to reported crimes my friend, not crime that goes unreported, you cannot take into consideration for the dark figure of crime. Im willing to bet that for every call you take that someone cannot protect themselves, there are five unreported where some has fought someone to protect themselves or others, pulled a gun or knife to stop a mugging or robbery, or just plain out threatened someone of extreme bodily harm. You are not americas protectors. Police are not crime fighters. They are law enforcers. You are sworn to make sure laws are executed. You have NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ASSUME THE ROLE OF PROTECTOR OF CITIZENS. The Supreme Court upheld that police have no legal, or moral obligation to protect the populace and has given you "qualified immunity" from things like that.

I have a hard time responding to people that create an entire post based off nothing I said. I am assuming nothing. You noticed I addressed this community quite differently. If you ever get out of Kennesaw and towards some different areas you will see we aren't all as blessed , intelligent, or independently developed as the guys and girls on here

And yes even I went to college, twice. I can quote supreme court decisions too. Seeing as you have not worked a beat I am not sure you are able to say that many people cannot solve their own problems or defend themselves. That's why you respond to calls that lead to people getting arrested. They were not responsible enough to act in accordance with the law. That's why no cop will ever hall you to jail, you are educated and understand what you can and cannot do. Additionally in the event they do, it will likely be for either reporting a crime or to clean up the body of someone that you legally protected yourself from. The rest of the populace is not always in the same boat. Some people's version of protecting themselves is called murder. That's not responsible.

My friend

Back
Top Bottom