• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk trucks.

I am about to go research the Dodge's. The price point for a brand new truck is very attractive with the Cummins reputation. There are 2016's everywhere with leather and plenty of options for under $43,000.

Been a long time since I owned a dodge, but am liking my current 1500 ram. Id buy another when this one is done

Been a long time since I owned a dodge, but am liking my current 1500 ram. Id buy another when this one is done

I've considered buying a RAM 1500 & 2500 over and over.... we also looked at Jeeps as well, I tried to buy a SRT8 Grand Cherokee in 15 for the wife. (1. We couldn't work out the numbers 2. I thought it was a lil to quick for her)

when it came down to the brass tax, I paid $7500-$10000 more for a similar trim F150 for the 4th time in 5 years, I guess I'm just a Ford guy, don't judge me we all have our faults!

I drove my Step fathers 07 dodge diesel too Louisiana and back. It was strong. It's dead now. lol he has a new one. He can't help it. That brand loyalty crap.

IMG_6742.JPG

i worked for dodge for many years they dont have enoough money to hire me again

**** that whole company
Chryslee dodge ram jeep

Fiat

Pos
So.....you have a personal beef with the company. That probably explains your opinion to some degree.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep brand either. With the exception of their HD trucks with Cummins engines in them.

I won't go into bragging about how big the company a work for is or my resume of over 30 years in the industry.

I will tell you that I currently own
2- 1/2 ton Z71's gas.
1- F250 Powerstroke.
1- 3500 Ram, Cummins.
All 4x4's

If I were selling them all today to one truck. If it was to be gas it would be a GMC.

Diesel.
Dodge/Cummins
GMC/ Duramax.
The Duramax would be my first choice. But I'm not sure I would chose it over the Cummins for the price.

The Power stroke is a POS. I have spent more time and money keeping it running than anything I have ever owned. I keep it because my kid likes it. But then again. He's a kid. It is the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Hard to start. Drives like crap. Rides like crap. Now.....it's a good looking truck for sure but that's about the only thing nice I have to say about it.

My GMC's are show horses.
The Cummins is the work horse
The Ford is the donkey in the pasture.

I've owned 4 Powerstrokes, 1 Duramax, and 1 Hemi Ram.

My first 2 Powerstrokes were 6.0s. I never had a problem with either but bought them brand new and rolled one at 40k and sold the other at 50k so take that with a grain of salt.

My second 2 were older 7.3s. I currently drive an older 7.3. Never a problem out of these either.

My Duramax was a 2005 dually. It was a POS. It got worse mileage empty than any of my other trucks loaded, felt gutless and threw itself into limp mode requiring a dealer visit for the dumbest crap. This truck combines with 3 other GM products I purchased over the past 15 years are the reason I will never own GM products again.

The Hemi Ram was nice and powerful for a gas engine. I sold it to my father in law. He seems to like it however it's interior and electrical systems are starting to fall apart like they do on all Dodge products. I bought the Ram because at the time it was the cheapest 4x4 crew cab truck I could find. I never really warmed up to it. Always felt unrefined and unfinished to me. I really have bought desire to own another but won't say I absolutely won't like I will with GM.

Back
Top Bottom