• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Made a mistake tonight...

I can barely understand why you'd have an HOA (especially after living in Macondishu) but, some of the things I've read about them and their pettiness makes me think it'd go badly for me to move into a home in an HOA.

My friend up in NC lives in an an HOA and they are, for the most part, not bad folks. HOWEVER, there are some idiots that have wasted a ton of money on crap that was NOT necessary and in one instance set up a multi-year, multi-hundred thousand dollar lawsuit, which the HOA lost (as they WERE ADVISED they'd do by counsel).

The pettiness comes in when they demand you cover/shield any exterior heat pump or AC unit from view from the street (as if pretending you do not need A/C on the coast). This was a NEW requirement implemented during the past couple of years. Further, they became a real PITA when they decided folks hadn't fenced or shielded them satisfactorily when the HOA NEVER PUBLISHED any requirements/specs. That's the kind of **** that would make me go HAAM on a 68 year old retired college professor who decided he's going to be the neighborhood STASI.

I finally attended an HOA meeting. Though it wasn't all bad. Almost a live Jerry Springer show.
I've been to one HOA meeting in the 12 years we've lived in this subdivision. It was a ****-show, it was basically Facebook IRL. I haven't been to another one, can't wait to get out of this damn subdivision and buy a piece of property in north GA.

HOA’s are what you make them.
Not crazy about having to get approval of colors to repaint house, but weekly yard service sure keeps the neighborhood beautiful. Don’t have some ass with knee-high weeds blighting the area. Keeps folks from cutting down 200 + year old oaks ‘cause they hate stepping on acorns.
For most stuff, our board is reasonable.

You will always have that one neighbor who will call code enforcement and create problems. The asshole didn't even talk to me about the cars, he just called county. They gave me two tickets. 300 bucks. Then he and his old lady act like they didn't do anything and wave like good neighbors. I called them out and they lied like a democRat. I asked them why they would want their neighbor pissed off at them. If I could get the wife to move, we'd be gone to the mountains! Neighbor still sucks and always will!!!

You will always have that one neighbor who will call code enforcement and create problems. The asshole didn't even talk to me about the cars, he just called county. They gave me two tickets. 300 bucks. Then he and his old lady act like they didn't do anything and wave like good neighbors. I called them out and they lied like a democRat. I asked them why they would want their neighbor pissed off at them. If I could get the wife to move, we'd be gone to the mountains! Neighbor still sucks and always will!!!
I have "neighbors" about 3 streets away that are running a home based shade tree mechanic/pull & pay lot on their home lot.

In a residential neighborhood. I mean it's the 'hood, but come on! 13 cars in the damned driveway & back yard of a small 3/2 house? Can't get the fat asses in code enforcement to get out of their brand new Ford Explorers to write a citation for love or money.

You think the worst part was you attending the meeting. The worst part is you moved into a place that has an HOA.
HOAs prevent this.

ap_16217779077958.jpg

Back
Top Bottom