• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Men over 50 should not use a chainsaw.

You planning a chainsaw massacre?
No. I just tend to go overboard when it comes to hobbies :). That and theres some rare bears in the bottom of that pile.

Edit: and HERMET HERMET if you ever need saw work done, let me know. Not licensed, not insured but will sign a waver and help where I can.

Like a Democrat, you don't have a point. At 67 I cut on a regular basis and would rather have an intelligent experienced 70 YO running a saw for me than a 30 YO inexperienced individual who thinks he/she is bulletproof because they are young. If you run a saw, have run one for years and you are made it to 70 YO, you have proven that you know your limitations. If you stay within those limitations and ask for help when you need it, gas & oil up and cut away. BTW, young folks can learn a lot from those older than 50. One of those lessons being that folks may think you are an idiot but they can't bu sure until you open your mouth.

I own 4 Stihls chain saws and 1 Stihl pole saw. One of those was left to me by my grandfather and I cut with it for years. I just added a saw carrier to my tractor. What do ya'll think?

Be safe, know your limitations and do not let a youngun tell you that you are "to old" to do something based solely on your age.

Old people are touchy and mean when crossed.View attachment 4304289
KAPOW!!!!!!

Like a Democrat, you don't have a point. At 67 I cut on a regular basis and would rather have an intelligent experienced 70 YO running a saw for me than a 30 YO inexperienced individual who thinks he/she is bulletproof because they are young. If you run a saw, have run one for years and you are made it to 70 YO, you have proven that you know your limitations. If you stay within those limitations and ask for help when you need it, gas & oil up and cut away. BTW, young folks can learn a lot from those older than 50. One of those lessons being that folks may think you are an idiot but they can't bu sure until you open your mouth.

I own 4 Stihls chain saws and 1 Stihl pole saw. One of those was left to me by my grandfather and I cut with it for years. I just added a saw carrier to my tractor. What do ya'll think?

Be safe, know your limitations and do not let a youngun tell you that you are "to old" to do something based solely on your age.

Old people are touchy and mean when crossed.View attachment 4304289
No need for nasty names here. If you feel spunky by all means have at it. The point is that after a certain age you do lose a few things like speed and mobility and it's harder to get out of the way when things go sideways. Life is always waiting for the chance to bite you in the ass when you least expect it.

I forgot to mention my almost very unfortunate accident which happened when I was under 40. I was cutting and when finished and went to pull the cut branch away I switched the saw to my right hand and the ever so slowly turning chain cut through my jeans but not through my under wear on my left thigh. I was alone at my farm and it could have easily cut the major vein that runs down through the inner thigh. I immediately invested in a good pair of chaps and used them religiously after that.

The wise old farmer in Crawfordville who used to own my farm liked to say that men over 50 should not use a chainsaw as it could kill them. I think he meant from the vibration. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
NO
1653012383499.png

Back
Top Bottom