• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No License for Concealed Carry!

Ain’t nobody going nowhere. Sure ain’t going to Texas.
He is right ... lol
Number two.gif

That's only if you don't have a permission slip and then it's a class C misdemeanor.
I'm always intrigued by any gun owner that patronizes a place with one of those "We don't want your business" signs. I'm very thankful for those signs.

A misdemeanor is still 'the force of law' when it comes to no-guns signs. And now they have Constitutional Carry, there's no difference in how they are treated at all.

And a permit doesn't let you carry in a boatload of places, including anyplace that gets more than 51% of it's revenue from alcohol, or really any property owner who puts up the correct signage.

I remember going to Houston years ago and seeing a huge version of their legally-required sign plastered across the front window of the Marriott I was staying at. This was just after the NRA show there so I'm sure that was the reason.

Anyway, my argument is simply that people always point to Texas as having 'good' gun laws, when in reality they are way below par for a Southern state.

A misdemeanor is still 'the force of law' when it comes to no-guns signs. And now they have Constitutional Carry, there's no difference in how they are treated at all.

And a permit doesn't let you carry in a boatload of places, including anyplace that gets more than 51% of it's revenue from alcohol, or really any property owner who puts up the correct signage.

I remember going to Houston years ago and seeing a huge version of their legally-required sign plastered across the front window of the Marriott I was staying at. This was just after the NRA show there so I'm sure that was the reason.

Anyway, my argument is simply that people always point to Texas as having 'good' gun laws, when in reality they are way below par for a Southern state.
I understand all that. Private property should trump anyone's personal desires and I believe any private business ought to be able to legally deny entry to anyone they want for any reason or no reason. The point I'm making is there is no gulf between the laws as I think you are suggesting. For example, TX passed a law that suppressors are perfectly legal to own without any registration, tax or other permission. Largely ceremonious as who is going to test the feds on that? Yes. But I don't see GA passing that. They refuse to even consider an assault weapons ban even after Uvalde. Would Georgia hold that line in the same situation? Are they THE example to model? No. But then neither is any state, unfortunately. Kudo's to GA and TX on getting CC passed and signed. That was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Man you can't let these idiots run you from your home. What happens when Texas is next? Again we stop the fed tax and stop the tyrannical rein.

Agreed. It baffles me how many want to give up/give in instead of standing their ground and fighting. It took decades for the liberal disease to spread, it will take decades to eliminate it. Moving because of liberals is the equivalent of being a coward and sticking your head in the sand. What will people do when there is no place to run and hide anymore?

Agreed. It baffles me how many want to give up/give in instead of standing their ground and fighting. It took decades for the liberal disease to spread, it will take decades to eliminate it. Moving because of liberals is the equivalent of being a coward and sticking your head in the sand. What will people do when there is no place to run and hide anymore?
My point exactly. We are living in God's world that he created last time I checked. I bow to no man, and certainly will not give up my protection in a world where these evil people have promoted and created a danger to our lives on a daily basis. Stand tall and never back down. If people don't like that then maybe they should stay at home in their safe place. Movies, video games, media, justice system and the general accepting of evil in this world is the reason we are in this mess. I feel that people are good and have good intentions but the complete removal of our lord from his own creation has manifested a lawless and lost "society" based on greed and non-understanding of what we are and why we are here. So sad and I thank the lord every single day for keeping me close and in touch with him and my values/morality.

Corinthians 16:13. Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

Imma start more **** here but, what the ****, right?

Am I the only one that believes that a convicted felon should also be able to carry a firearm? I mean, if they have served their time, and they are out free and clear, they should be square with the house. That convicted felon should have as much right to defend themselves and their families as any one else.

So you want to give back gun rights to child molesters, murderers, rapists etc. ? I don't care how long it's been since those crimes, they should never have their rights restored. As a matter of fact, they shouldn't even be alive, much less have the right to self defense.

There was a time on this board when men railed against the infringement of having to pay the government for a Constitutional right. Currently we now see those who sound off about the travel comfort and financial benefit of the Georgia Weapons Permit (although I haven't paid a fee to let the government check my criminal history before purchasing a gun, and I purchased 4 or 5 in the past 5 years) and show little if any real support for Constitutional Carry.

Hell, the classifieds are rife with not only "Imma need to see you CCP and show you mine!" but now also includes the super junior G men who want to see a GA Driver's License and GWP with A MATCHING ADDRESS, LOFL! The state overlords don't even require anybody at any time to update their GWP if the move after it's issued.

The faux 2nd Amendment support on this site is ironic as hell.

Actually that was always legal if you believe in the constitution. Constitutional carry (you know the constitution being the supreme law of the land and all) just means that what is in this picture is and always was a basic legal right protected by the 2nd amendment and they're gonna stop infringing on that basic right with licensing.

Constitutional carry just means the government has for once agreed to abide by the restrictions placed upon them by the constitution.

Back
Top Bottom