• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No wonder we're getting more dead beats thanks MOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules are very clear. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/ You don't have to agree with every aspect of them, but they are clear, particularly in this matter.

A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.
The reasons for leaving a negative are limited to the following:

• Cancellation of meet after committing to it.
  • Failure to show up to meet.
  • Failure to send payment or item.
  • Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.

Secondly, I'm always amazed that "neutral" feedback isn't used more. :noidea:

I don't even believe some read the message you send them. Myself in the last month have had replies from members who had something I wanted, and of course missed the part where I sent them my number asking for more detailed pics. In both cases, I just stopped conversing.

Well glad to know that deals are not deals unless a two hour time is set and either party can blackout I guess I'm just too old when I tell a man we have a deal I honor it guess some don't have honor or understand what I'll take it means lol enough said
Maybe the mods are giving him the Comcast installer schedule benefit. You know, " Some time between 9:00 AM Tuesday and 5:00 PM Wednesday" .

I had a guy make an offer I accepted the guy was along way from me so I offered him an out and asked if he was sure he wanted it since we were so far apart he said he came closer to me several times a week and it would be no issue. I asked when he want to meet up this was Friday night he said he would not have his schedule till Monday so I said no problem let me know Monday he didn't reach out Monday so I sent a pm he didn't answer but I saw he was on ODT several times so I sent another pm today and he finally answered an said he had to have a medical test today and now didn't have the money. So I hated to but it deserves negative feedback to save the next guy the head ache well it was taken down and the reason given was we didn't have a deal since we had not set an exact time a two hour window to meet they removed the feedback I don't know about everyone else but if a guy makes a cash offer and I accept then we have a deal but I guess that's no longer considered a deal so beware feedback no longer means what it used to lol or I guess it's who you know one of the two just my 2 cents
I had the same thing happen this summer,told him I would take down talked every couple weeks and then he disappeared

Two points on "deal"and feedback I have absorbed in my trader days here:
1- you must set a meet, a time AND place, to have a deal. Personally I require an agreement on the price also before I leave the house.
2- I have not tested this but apparently feedback applies to showing up for the meet. There is not a requirement to buy/sell, but you have to show up.
This is how it was explained to me when I wanted to neg somebody.

The rules are very clear. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/ You don't have to agree with every aspect of them, but they are clear, particularly in this matter.

This. They're extremely clear, and they haven't changed since we introduced the feedback system.

Secondly, I'm always amazed that "neutral" feedback isn't used more. :noidea:

It's used all the time, it's just usually when a negative didn't stick so they try to leave a neg and call it a neutral so it doesn't stick either. Neutral feedback is an option for the feedback system add on we use, but it rarely makes sense in the context of how the rules for feedback are written here. The rules are clear to the point that it's a rare case where postive, negative, or nothing is the only applicable option.

Had a deal like that happen just recently with an ODT’er that had nothing but positive feedback. He sent a pm with an offer and I accepted. He said great, Asked when and where to meet. I said I’m pretty open to anytime and place. He said he’d check his schedule and get back. No communication for a day so I pm’ed him and he said he had been tied up and would get back to me. I dropped it cause I knew then he had no intentions of following thru with the deal. So, if you change your mind, don’t follow thru with a time and place to meet and you can’t get a neg, huh? B**l s**t

2 hours? what are we doctors.... hope traffic is not messed up.

Within two hours doesn't mean you can show up anytime within 2 hours of the set time, it means you have to have a time set with no more than a 2 hour range, i.e, "lets meet between 1 and 2" is specific enough to qualify as a deal, but "lets meet sometime on Saturday" is not.

Two points on "deal"and feedback I have absorbed in my trader days here:
1- you must set a meet, a time AND place, to have a deal. Personally I require an agreement on the price also before I leave the house.
2- I have not tested this but apparently feedback applies to showing up for the meet. There is not a requirement to buy/sell, but you have to show up.
This is how it was explained to me when I wanted to neg somebody.

Correct on both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom