• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obama Poised to Carry Out Hostile Military Takeover of US

I probably am the most outspoken Democrat here but I'm not the only one on this board. I get a lot of supportive private messages from those that don't wish to be labeled. You can label me liberal if you want. I really don't care. Conservative "values" I find purely hypocritical and self serving to a few rather than many so I'm clearly not a Conservative. But labels are not always all encompassing are they? I'm not a tree hugging hippie on welfare that hates guns (obviously) as I probably have a larger and more expensive gun collection than the majority of conservatives I know including 8 semiauto rifles that would fall under an "assault weapons" designation. 3 of those are the "evil" AR-15s. Above all else, I find issues that concern the overall economy of this country my primary concern when voting the way I do. Trickle down economics simply does not work. Deregulation and union busting does NOT help the working class people. It only serves to pad the wallets of the richest of the richest 100 percent at OUR expense and with no return. I don't appreciate a group that stands up claiming moral high ground and sings about liberty and Christianity while trying to dictate religion to those that don't share their beliefs. This is where they hypocrisy part comes in. If you value your second amendment rights, you must also value other liberties afforded to other folks that don't necessarily apply to your chosen lifestyle or you don't deserve to have any of your own rights that you value upheld. Even if I didn't have a collection of over 100 firearms that I love and enjoy as much as the next guy, Even if I hated guns, I would be pro second amendment because I believe in laws that liberate and free the most people. I do not support laws that oppress large groups to appease a few. A quote from Camelot by Arther..."There are laws that enslave men and there are laws that set men free". I won't be handing over my guns to any government but I don't see anyone asking me to anyway so I'm not really understanding why it's an issue to be all riled up over. If you want to keep your guns, be cool. Keep acting like a rabid idiot and even the few remaining level headed conservatives in power will be coming for you and your guns.

So what type of economic policy do you want to see? I really would like to know. What economic policy has made more people rich and done more for the working class? Jobs don't come from government or poor people. Fact is that we were growing at a phenominal rate up until the government started all of it's regulation bull****. Union busting gives more people access to jobs. Just look at the right to work states vs the Forced Union states. Sorry to get off topic.

Can we define "trickle down economics" please? The law does not or should not set anyone free, we are free by natural right, so a law that opresses the fewest people is still an opressive law. Tax law comes to mind right off the bat but there are many others. Conservative can mean many things, I am not a conservative per se. I value freedom over force regardless of the "law". If you want to donate half of your paycheck to others you are free to do so, shouldn't you also be free not to? When you make these arguments you are simply saying "My use of force is better than yours" (insert justification here) All the while ignoring the fact that you are forcing people to do something against their own free will.

Amen!

I was in the Army and there is no way in the world I would turn on the American people armed to kill. I just can't amagine there's a lot of Military out there that would do it either. I would have to be on the peoples side.

Can we define "trickle down economics" please? The law does not or should not set anyone free, we are free by natural right, so a law that opresses the fewest people is still an opressive law. Tax law comes to mind right off the bat but there are many others. Conservative can mean many things, I am not a conservative per se. I value freedom over force regardless of the "law". If you want to donate half of your paycheck to others you are free to do so, shouldn't you also be free not to? When you make these arguments you are simply saying "My use of force is better than yours" (insert justification here) All the while ignoring the fact that you are forcing people to do something against their own free will.

Neither party is perfect. I find faults with both sets of ideology. I just find a good bit more fault with the Republican platform. One thing neither party seems to grasp and that there are always going to be things that can't be fixed. Attempts to fix these things just breaks something else. Every year for example, people die from gunshot wounds. In any given same year however, many lives are saved by guns. This is the number that needs to be addressed. How many lives can thank a gun...many of which don't even know their lives were saved. Just the probability of a gun being in place thwarts many crimes from ever even occurring. We all know this but we continue either fighting against or for over that one statistic of lives lost.

Since the day this land became a country, we've had to pay taxes to fund our government. Heck, other than the earliest inhabitants (natives), we were paying them before too but just to a different government. Taxes are not a new idea nor are they just a Democratic answer to funding the country. I don't think the upper 2 percent should pay a higher percentage than the working man but I do think they should pay the same. The money has to come from somewhere. Keep borrowing more and more? That's no good. Spend less? Sounds good but doesn't seem to work on paper and no one is happy with the cuts...especially Big Bird. Bush wrote some big checks, didn't account in his budget the cost of war...now Obama is a tyrant for paying the bills Bush rang up. I don't get it.

Neither party is perfect. I find faults with both sets of ideology. I just find a good bit more fault with the Republican platform. One thing neither party seems to grasp and that there are always going to be things that can't be fixed. Attempts to fix these things just breaks something else. Every year for example, people die from gunshot wounds. In any given same year however, many lives are saved by guns. This is the number that needs to be addressed. How many lives can thank a gun...many of which don't even know their lives were saved. Just the probability of a gun being in place thwarts many crimes from ever even occurring. We all know this but we continue either fighting against or for over that one statistic of lives lost.

Since the day this land became a country, we've had to pay taxes to fund our government. Heck, other than the earliest inhabitants (natives), we were paying them before too but just to a different government. Taxes are not a new idea nor are they just a Democratic answer to funding the country. I don't think the upper 2 percent should pay a higher percentage than the working man but I do think they should pay the same. The money has to come from somewhere. Keep borrowing more and more? That's no good. Spend less? Sounds good but doesn't seem to work on paper and no one is happy with the cuts...especially Big Bird. Bush wrote some big checks, didn't account in his budget the cost of war...now Obama is a tyrant for paying the bills Bush rang up. I don't get it.

Obama paying bills? What data are you looking at? Bush did spend a lot and I am not his fan, but Obama has spent more than all other presidents before him combined. BTW there was not an income tax until the Civil war and not permenantely until 1913. BTW the bottom 47% dosen't pay any taxes is that fair?

Obama paying bills? What data are you looking at? Bush did spend a lot and I am not his fan, but Obama has spent more than all other presidents before him combined. BTW there was not an income tax until the Civil war and not permenantely until 1913. BTW the bottom 47% dosen't pay any taxes is that fair?

How'd you find your way into Area 51? :)

This man's thought I believe is the only future when it comes to system's of economics. Yet it is so foreign to most people they would have to read it 1,000 times and maybe they can begin to comprehend it. Brainwashing is deep in this society.

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller

This man's thought I believe is the only future when it comes to system's of economics. Yet it is so foreign to most people they would have to read it 1,000 times and maybe they can begin to comprehend it. Brainwashing is deep in this society.

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Was that the bankrupt and jobless guy?!

Richard Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller (/ˈfʊlər/; July 12, 1895 – July 1, 1983)[1] was an American architect, systems theorist, author, designer, inventor, and futurist.
Fuller published more than 30 books, inventing and popularizing terms such as "Spaceship Earth", ephemeralization, and synergetic. He also developed numerous inventions, mainly architectural designs, including the widely known geodesic dome. Carbon molecules known as fullerenes were later named by scientists for their resemblance to geodesic spheres.
Buckminster Fuller was the second president of Mensa from 1974 to 1983

Back
Top Bottom