• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Obama Poised to Carry Out Hostile Military Takeover of US

Katrina was during Bush's reign of terror. So your answer to stopping such a thing from reoccurring is to give control back to the party that says they are for your second amendment rights but clearly are not as evidenced through actual action? Obama, it seems has been pretty clear that he really doesn't want any major gun control legislation. He has asked the houses for things he KNOWS he can't get...threw it over to Biden to mull around with what may or may not work and sandbag it a bit. The only major change he really seems hell bent over is closing the gun show loophole / universal background checks and while inconvenient to most of us, it's not Armageddon if it happens. At least not to those of us who can pass a background check. For those of you who can't, I can see why you are so "up in arms" but sorry...I don't have your back on this. Nobody is going door to door. Nobody is trying to ban all guns. Even the talk of assault weapons bans is just talk to ease the mind of the Sandyhook moms...but wasn't expected to go anywhere even when brought up. I would imagine that some of it is for Obama's entertainment. He knows how much he's hated on the right so speaking out on what the right holds a good bit more near and dear than most of the left...gotta admit it's kinda funny to watch a bunch of pissed off right wingers running scared and making fools of themselves digging bomb shelters in their back yards to bury their old SKSs in. He's actually going about all this pretty effectively. He won't get the legislation and he knows it and probably doesn't even really want it. But by bringing it up, it brings all the extremists out into the streets hooping and hollering and I'm sure a good many of them are finding themselves on watch lists or in prison or mental hospitals where they belong.

First off what would "universal" background checks do? They would make a registry of all law-abiding gun owners. It would do nothing to help keep guns out of criminals hands. So I don't think that people that couldn't pass a background check really care about what law is passed anyway. They are criminals, they aren't gonna follow the law. I can't for the life of me see how anyone could see what Obama is doing and like it. If you think that he dosen't want to take most guns from the people then you are drowning in Koolaid. Just because he does not want to "Take all guns away", doesn't mean he won't take most of them. An infringement on any of my rights is unacceptable to me. If you want to call me an extremist for fighting to keep my rights, then I am the most extreme SOB alive.

Funny how it's Obama doing all this anyone notice that Republicans have a majority in the house and have been able to effectively stopping O from doing anything they really don't want him to. When you get to the part about Gay and Lesbien soldiers taking us all down I can't help but laughing :D

Scare tactics to rally the troops against the Democrat president currently in office...naaaaa that's never happened before LOL. If he sends a drone out and busts a neonazi bunker or two, that's still a whole lot better than what either McCain or Romney would have done to the country...so what's the point? Keep publicly announcing being an enemy of the state and declaring war against Obama and then cry us all a river when you understandably have your guns taken away because you probably can't have them in Federal prison. Want to win the hearts of gun grabbing liberals? You probably need to find a better way to state your case than to convince them you are crazy, paranoid and otherwise mentally ill. Meanwhile, when you fill out the next FFL form when purchasing from a dealer, there is now an excellent chance that you are in violation of a federal crime if you answer "NO" to the question about having ever been part of an organization who plans to overthrow the federal government. If you are a member of the Republican party, Tea Party or any other off branch of conservatism now that clearly the extreme right wing paranoid nutbags are running the right..just associating with the right wing of current politics, means you can not legally own a firearm according to that document we all sign if they decide to push it, and the more nonsense I hear about "are we going to fight?" hell...I don't blame them and I wish you wouldn't speak for all advocates of the second amendment / gun owners. I'll make my own case, thank you.

Wow, whose side are you on, lol? When SHTF, please stay FAR away from me.

First off what would "universal" background checks do? They would make a registry of all law-abiding gun owners. It would do nothing to help keep guns out of criminals hands. So I don't think that people that couldn't pass a background check really care about what law is passed anyway. They are criminals, they aren't gonna follow the law. I can't for the life of me see how anyone could see what Obama is doing and like it. If you think that he dosen't want to take most guns from the people then you are drowning in Koolaid. Just because he does not want to "Take all guns away", doesn't mean he won't take most of them. An infringement on any of my rights is unacceptable to me. If you want to call me an extremist for fighting to keep my rights, then I am the most extreme SOB alive.

I don't want them, but I can see where they would make some difference. Right now there are legions of people in this country that act as unlicensed dealers. Even when you sell a gun to someone on the OTD you have no way of knowing that they are not a convicted felon (even if they have a CCP they could have just been convicted of the felony) and many don't even care to limit sales to CCP holders. This gives anyone bad guy who wants a gun and has $$ the ability to get one today very easily. Now I'm not dumb enough to believe that they probably wouldn't get it somewhere else anyway. But it would be harder and more expensive.
Next if they are asking people who want to do private sales to just go in a do the same normal paperwork and check that any dealer gun sale does I don't see the big deal? Those records are currently not maintained in a national database or gun registry. Now I'm also not dumb enough to think they couldn't put all that info into a registry down the road or if they wanted, but it's not as damming as your making it out.

Katrina was during Bush's reign of terror. So your answer to stopping such a thing from reoccurring is to give control back to the party that says they are for your second amendment rights but clearly are not as evidenced through actual action? Obama, it seems has been pretty clear that he really doesn't want any major gun control legislation. He has asked the houses for things he KNOWS he can't get...threw it over to Biden to mull around with what may or may not work and sandbag it a bit. The only major change he really seems hell bent over is closing the gun show loophole / universal background checks and while inconvenient to most of us, it's not Armageddon if it happens. At least not to those of us who can pass a background check. For those of you who can't, I can see why you are so "up in arms" but sorry...I don't have your back on this. Nobody is going door to door. Nobody is trying to ban all guns. Even the talk of assault weapons bans is just talk to ease the mind of the Sandyhook moms...but wasn't expected to go anywhere even when brought up. I would imagine that some of it is for Obama's entertainment. He knows how much he's hated on the right so speaking out on what the right holds a good bit more near and dear than most of the left...gotta admit it's kinda funny to watch a bunch of pissed off right wingers running scared and making fools of themselves digging bomb shelters in their back yards to bury their old SKSs in. He's actually going about all this pretty effectively. He won't get the legislation and he knows it and probably doesn't even really want it. But by bringing it up, it brings all the extremists out into the streets hooping and hollering and I'm sure a good many of them are finding themselves on watch lists or in prison or mental hospitals where they belong.

On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law (UNDER Bush). Can't forget: The Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, which Bush signed on October 9, 2006. Bush was such a bad guy. :rolleyes:

I don't want them, but I can see where they would make some difference. Right now there are legions of people in this country that act as unlicensed dealers. Even when you sell a gun to someone on the OTD you have no way of knowing that they are not a convicted felon (even if they have a CCP they could have just been convicted of the felony) and many don't even care to limit sales to CCP holders. This gives anyone bad guy who wants a gun and has $$ the ability to get one today very easily. Now I'm not dumb enough to believe that they probably wouldn't get it somewhere else anyway. But it would be harder and more expensive.
Next if they are asking people who want to do private sales to just go in a do the same normal paperwork and check that any dealer gun sale does I don't see the big deal? Those records are currently not maintained in a national database or gun registry. Now I'm also not dumb enough to think they couldn't put all that info into a registry down the road or if they wanted, but it's not as damming as your making it out.

OK then why would you be ok with it?:confused: The simple fact it is just another attempt to gouge away at our rights. I will never be cool with it, sorry.

I have to give props to this RDkill guy for being the biggest Liberal on the ODT.

I probably am the most outspoken Democrat here but I'm not the only one on this board. I get a lot of supportive private messages from those that don't wish to be labeled. You can label me liberal if you want. I really don't care. Conservative "values" I find purely hypocritical and self serving to a few rather than many so I'm clearly not a Conservative. But labels are not always all encompassing are they? I'm not a tree hugging hippie on welfare that hates guns (obviously) as I probably have a larger and more expensive gun collection than the majority of conservatives I know including 8 semiauto rifles that would fall under an "assault weapons" designation. 3 of those are the "evil" AR-15s. Above all else, I find issues that concern the overall economy of this country my primary concern when voting the way I do. Trickle down economics simply does not work. Deregulation and union busting does NOT help the working class people. It only serves to pad the wallets of the richest of the richest 100 percent at OUR expense and with no return. I don't appreciate a group that stands up claiming moral high ground and sings about liberty and Christianity while trying to dictate religion to those that don't share their beliefs. This is where they hypocrisy part comes in. If you value your second amendment rights, you must also value other liberties afforded to other folks that don't necessarily apply to your chosen lifestyle or you don't deserve to have any of your own rights that you value upheld. Even if I didn't have a collection of over 100 firearms that I love and enjoy as much as the next guy, Even if I hated guns, I would be pro second amendment because I believe in laws that liberate and free the most people. I do not support laws that oppress large groups to appease a few. A quote from Camelot by Arther..."There are laws that enslave men and there are laws that set men free". I won't be handing over my guns to any government but I don't see anyone asking me to anyway so I'm not really understanding why it's an issue to be all riled up over. If you want to keep your guns, be cool. Keep acting like a rabid idiot and even the few remaining level headed conservatives in power will be coming for you and your guns.

Can we define "trickle down economics" please? The law does not or should not set anyone free, we are free by natural right, so a law that opresses the fewest people is still an opressive law. Tax law comes to mind right off the bat but there are many others. Conservative can mean many things, I am not a conservative per se. I value freedom over force regardless of the "law". If you want to donate half of your paycheck to others you are free to do so, shouldn't you also be free not to? When you make these arguments you are simply saying "My use of force is better than yours" (insert justification here) All the while ignoring the fact that you are forcing people to do something against their own free will.

Back
Top Bottom