• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* * * Official Gun Control Proposals Rant Thread * * *

Hahaha to all the ammo hoarders

we still have firearms to shoot :D

ammo aint going back down much you wait and see......it never does after a bump up in price.

what was .12 went to .22 then to .35 then to .48 then to the magical .50 and .60 and now most is .75+ it may go down but I doubt itll drop below .65-.70 for major centerfire cartridges............hope I am wrong so I can resupply in 20 years for less than the price of a kidney.

The true tragedy in all of this, aside from those who lost thier lives or loved ones, and the parading the familes and victims for an agenda. The fact that some people truly believe that some legislative action can or will prevent these kind of things from happening.
My heart goes out to those families who have lost loved ones in these tragic events. It is sad to see them strike out in anger and grief in search of an answer or someone to blame besides the nut job who carried out the act.

The true tragedy in all of this, aside from those who lost thier lives or loved ones, and the parading the familes and victims for an agenda. The fact that some people truly believe that some legislative action can or will prevent these kind of things from happening.
My heart goes out to those families who have lost loved ones in these tragic events. It is sad to see them strike out in anger and grief in search of an answer or someone to blame besides the nut job who carried out the act.

From the President's own proposal:

While no law or set of laws will end gun violence, it is clear that the American people want action. If even one child’s life can be saved, then we need to act. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love.

Allowing Doctor's to determine if you are a danger to yourself or to another could be heavily abused. All the government has to do is setup a list of specific questions to ask and depending on your answers deem anyone who owns certain types of firearms as a danger and then they can just come and confiscate them. It is a sneaky, dirty, underhanded way of doing it but I can see it happening. Watch and see how many law suits come from it because of the Doctor's and the government violating HIPAA Laws.

I guess we all should ask our doctors about the second ammendment and weapons. If they like the idea of banning weapons, then it is time to find a smarter doctor.

I guess we all should ask our doctors about the second ammendment and weapons. If they like the idea of banning weapons, then it is time to find a smarter doctor.

I support doctors reporting threats. I have seen a sad case in Georgia where the records were filled with threats by the mental patient, nothing was done, then he killed his wife, kids, and other family before killing himself. One surviving child only. Total failure of bad laws and policy. It was an avoidable tragedy. Guy had told heath care providers in detail what he intended to do for months before he followed through and did it. Reports never made their way to police or family because of bad policy bad laws. And law shielded negligent health care providers on a stupid technicality that made no sense. And the health care providers fought tooth and nail from releasing records and later destroyed records and falsified records in an attempt to cover up. So I am 100% for changing current bad policy that protects deranged homicidal mental individuals. If we had good policy, a terrific family would be alive today. That's the real world. Not speculation.

Ive absolutely had it with this gun ban BS I wont stand for it... but there isnt a thing we can do. the white house doesnt care what the people have to say. Why would he say that the people want to take action he isnt even listening to gun owners. If he can refuse me rights why should he have the freedom of speech to talk about this subject this is dictatorship in its beginning stages we as americans need to push him out of this power limiting rights is still denial of rights STAND UP against this donate to your gun lobbies, protest at his damn front gate. Who is he to say that there should be an AWB that shouldnt expire? its complete horse ****.

This has certainly verified the tremendous power the NRA wields in Washington. How many times were "we" mentioned?

I support doctors reporting threats. I have seen a sad case in Georgia where the records were filled with threats by the mental patient, nothing was done, then he killed his wife, kids, and other family before killing himself. One surviving child only. Total failure of bad laws and policy. It was an avoidable tragedy. Guy had told heath care providers in detail what he intended to do for months before he followed through and did it. Reports never made their way to police or family because of bad policy bad laws. And law shielded negligent health care providers on a stupid technicality that made no sense. And the health care providers fought tooth and nail from releasing records and later destroyed records and falsified records in an attempt to cover up. So I am 100% for changing current bad policy that protects deranged homicidal mental individuals. If we had good policy, a terrific family would be alive today. That's the real world. Not speculation.

I was referring to a family practice doctor, not a professional shrink in a sense. I do agree that if any patient makes any threat to any other individual in the presence of any doctor that it definitely should be reported. I also believe that it should be the doctors civic duty to do so.
There has always been that imaginary line that protects mentally ill patients who make those types of threats. I have never believed in doctor/patient confidentiality when someone's life is placed in jeopardy. That is an entirely different arguement in itself.

I was referring to a family practice doctor, not a professional shrink in a sense. I do agree that if any patient makes any threat to any other individual in the presence of any doctor that it definitely should be reported. I also believe that it should be the doctors civic duty to do so.
There has always been that imaginary line that protects mentally ill patients who make those types of threats. I have never believed in doctor/patient confidentiality when someone's life is placed in jeopardy. That is an entirely different arguement in itself.

But remember what the agenda is for the ones making the call on who and what should be reported. This can be twisted in such a way to benefit the gun grabber's agenda.

Back
Top Bottom