• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* * * Official Gun Control Proposals Rant Thread * * *

Yep, what I thought as well. If you have a carry permit, kinda redundant to go fill out a 4473.

I think the 4473 is the dealer's proof that he transferred it to someone that was legal to possess a firearm. The permit just indicates that you had cleared a background check. Buck Ofama!

I'm guessing Obama will want everyone to go through a FFL for private transfers even if it's same-state residents.

Of course. How else is he going to start tracking the ownership of guns? House to house confiscation would be a disaster. However if he knew exactly which houses had the guns then he could target them specifically.

Well I didnt hear a damm thing but from what Iam reading on all your post is the price of ar and ak,s are about to drop in price. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE $2500.00 AR,s :sick:

Well, that was craptacular!!! So what the hell did he just sign with 23 points? Is this another one of those "We have to pass it, so we can find out whats in it..." things?

I think the 4473 is the dealer's proof that he transferred it to someone that was legal to possess a firearm. The permit just indicates that you had cleared a background check. Buck Ofama!

The 4473 never leaves the dealer and the govt. has no idea if the individual even bought the gun. The dealer calls the FBI with the individuals information to get a background check. The FBI gives a yes/no answer to complete the sale. They don't know what you are buying or if you even decide to go through with it.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

This one doesn't worry anyone? So a board review to purchase a weapon? Oh you're a member of ODT which has an "Anti-American" contingent and possible links "domestic-terrorism" so -No Guns For You!
Was it Illinois SP that released the "Terrorist Watch List" parameters where something like a Gadsen flag bumper sticker got you on the list? (Sorry paraphrasing here from memory) Well if your on that list -
No Guns For You!

Or, one will have to prove they are mentally stable to purchase a firearm, or get a carry permit. Can you say mental health evaluation thru a doctor as part of a background check?

The 4473 never leaves the dealer and the govt. has no idea if the individual even bought the gun. The dealer calls the FBI with the individuals information to get a background check. The FBI gives a yes/no answer to complete the sale. They don't know what you are buying or if you even decide to go through with it.

My understanding is that the ATF can look at the dealer's book of forms when they want and that the forms have to be sent to the ATF if the FFL goes out of business. Basically, it is a permanent record of the transaction that the government has access to.

The White House says the NRA is crazy for wanting to put armed guards in schools, but yet executive order number 18:

"18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

Of course. How else is he going to start tracking the ownership of guns? House to house confiscation would be a disaster. However if he knew exactly which houses had the guns then he could target them specifically.

I wonder how long an FFL has to keep the 4473 forms?

I know business records have to be kept for 3 years, I wonder if 4473 forms are the same, do they get tossed after 3 years, or must they be kept forever?

Back
Top Bottom