• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok, which ODT member is this? **** Sorry if this is a Repost!

In case that is sarcastic, let's pretend he was foaming at the mouth cursing at him instead. Does that in anyway justify the perp getting out of his truck and firing shots at him?

nope... but you dont go looking for trouble unless you are willing to find it. The old man decided to ask the guy, one way or another, was he trying to run him off the road.

Serious question for you... What benefit does that action (old man confronting kid about bad driving), in any manner, bring about in this situation?

Serious question for you... What benefit does that action (old man confronting kid about bad driving), in any manner, bring about in this situation?
"Maybe" he thought the kid might not have realized how dangerously he was driving? Maybe he thought that by letting him know he might put down the cell phone and drive? Or maybe a guy in his 60's was looking for a physical confrontation with a 22 year old?

The guy had a knife I swear it, when I get home I will up load pics of my arm...................... I mean Yea what a loon.

"Maybe" he thought the kid might not have realized how dangerously he was driving? Maybe he thought that by letting him know he might put down the cell phone and drive? Or maybe a guy in his 60's was looking for a physical confrontation with a 22 year old?

Perhaps... and perhaps that is important to him. For me... leave that to the police. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually that kid would have gotten whats coming to him. My goal, in life and while driving, is to simply get from point A to point B both alive and in a good mood. Thats it. Not saying it doesnt piss me off being stuck behind a slow person, or getting cut off, but I know that the world we live in, there are loose cannons and many of them have guns.

As much as I feel like it is my job to inform the ignorant of their ignorance... it is simply not worth it. Best case scenario, mouthing off to someone ends with both parties angry and stressed... worst case scenario someone ends up hurt or dead.

As you can see, neither scenario is good.

Perhaps... and perhaps that is important to him. For me... leave that to the police. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually that kid would have gotten whats coming to him. My goal, in life and while driving, is to simply get from point A to point B both alive and in a good mood. Thats it. Not saying it doesnt piss me off being stuck behind a slow person, or getting cut off, but I know that the world we live in, there are loose cannons and many of them have guns.

As much as I feel like it is my job to inform the ignorant of their ignorance... it is simply not worth it. Best case scenario, mouthing off to someone ends with both parties angry and stressed... worst case scenario someone ends up hurt or dead.

As you can see, neither scenario is good.
I agree with you and act the same way. (I did get out of my car ONCE to physcially confront a driver. Oddly enough... what do you know, I was also young 20's at the time. Thankfully the two in the car I went after weren't armed, apparently.) My point is, the perp in the OP has ZERO justifications for his actions regardless of how 'insulting' the man was and my post was only in reaction to yours which 'sounded like' it was placing part of the blame on the victim. If you aren't ready to take a double dose of grief without drawing your weapon, leave it at home!

I agree with you and act the same way. (I did get out of my car ONCE to physcially confront a driver. Oddly enough... what do you know, I was also young 20's at the time. Thankfully the two in the car I went after weren't armed, apparently.) My point is, the perp in the OP has ZERO justifications for his actions regardless of how 'insulting' the man was and my post was only in reaction to yours which 'sounded like' it was placing part of the blame on the victim. If you aren't ready to take a double dose of grief without drawing your weapon, leave it at home!

Well actually.. I was placing a small part of the blame on the old guy. Life is full of choices and some have more dire consequences than others. The man knowingly chose to confront the kid when he could have simply gone on his way and let some other person get beat and shot at. Was it reasonable to expect to be assaulted? Of course not. Did the kid have any justification for any of the force he used? hell no! Like I said, if you go looking for trouble, you better be ready to find it.

But you know as well as I do that we do not live in a rational world. We live in an emotional world and anger is one of the most powerful emotions (right there next to love)out there that basically counteracts any rational thought that exists.

I bet if you asked the man if he could go back in time, if he would have still confronted the kid... he would say no. I would also bet when he gets cut off in the future, he will be more hesitant in confronting the offending driver as well.

Back
Top Bottom