• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paying for someone's gun?

]
img_1191-jpg.1661553
<- Straw purchase.

bring the actual buyer (person A, the cant speak english guy) WITH you to the deal. And you be a "helper/intermediary" to the transaction (ie. interpret / inspect said gun / etc.). give your cash to person A BEFOREHAND as a gift for him to use for whatever he wants so he can be the person handing over the cash to person B.
There you go.
Plus I'd never "pre pay" hoping the rest goes ok.

Anyone can pay the bill. It is who picks it up that matters. Paying & picking up with the intent of skirting the rules is a straw but just being the bank is not.

Anyone can pay the bill. It is who picks it up that matters. Paying & picking up with the intent of skirting the rules is a straw but just being the bank is not.

What rules? We don't have any stinking rules. Knowingly, that's all.

Are you saying that there is a law that states a Private citizen, purchasing a firearm from another Private citizen, must have full intentions on keeping possession of said firearm?

There is no such law prohibiting or forbidding a Private citizen from purchasing a firearm from another Private citizen, with the sole intention of giving or selling to someone else that can legally possess a firearm.

I alway heard that ignorance of the law is NO excuse. Well that all depends upon what the definition of "is" is.
I have found that Ignorance of the Law is a great excuse to be overly paranoid.

Wow! If they are doing something to knowingly skirt the law youre damn right it is unlawful private citizen or not.

Back
Top Bottom